Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > RE: Kodak EasyShare

RE: Kodak EasyShare

Fulgencio

Thanks Ron for your attention.

After two weeks I was able to solve the problem. One of the modules
of the EasyShare did not load (ESScore) beacuse "the administrator
did not allow it". There is no administrator in a ME machine not part
of a network. Neither the log file nor the tri-code error shed any
light on the problem.

I was able to install the software using my wife settings. This
suggests that my USER.DAT registry was at fault.

Thanks again.

enrique

#:Greetings Fulgenico,
#:
#:I am not familiar with the tricode error. As you likely know, Kodak uses 3
#:error codes in EasyShare software to better diagnose any problems you may
#:experience. This allows Kodak software support to quickly and more
#:efficiently assist anyone that experiences an issue with our software. It
#:doesn't happen very often, but when it does we can get it resolved quickly.
#:
#:I would like to help you, however, and ask a couple of things. To do this
#:we will need additional information, including the Log file of your
#:installation. Your computer, and operating system, creates a file that
#:shows the progress of the installation of any program on a CD. Since you
#:note that you have installed from a CD, I would like to review the file your
#:system captured. The file can be found by the following process.
#:
#:1. Turn on logging by placing the KODAK EASYSHARE Software CD in the CD
#:drive
#:2. When the install auto starts, cancel the install.
#:3. Click on Start and choose Run.
#:4. Type 'command' and press enter.
#:5. In the command window at the prompt type 'drive letter of CD-ROM drive':
#ie. 'D:') and press enter.
#:6. Type 'setup /DALL' and press enter, This will cause a log of all the
#:successful steps of the install, to be created on the root directory of the
#:C drive. It will be named logfile. (with no extension). Note: 'DALL' needs
#:to be in capital letters.
#:7. Complete as much of the install as possible, then send the c:\logfile as
#:an attachment to http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed). I am creating a case number for
#:your, so include the case number in the subject field if it was provided to
#:you.
#:
#:When a solution is found I will let you know, and we will post it within the
#:EasyShare Support Center located at:
#:http://www.kodak.com/go/easysharesupport Please visit this site to find a
#:review of your experience with the Tricode issue. When on the site, select
#:the link to FAQs and search using 'tricode' as the keyword.
#:
#:Talk to you soon, Fulgenico, I am quite sure we can resolve this issue and
#:get you running in no time.
#:
#:Ron Baird
#:Eastman Kodak Company