Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Modify EXIF date and comments

Modify EXIF date and comments

Luke, Melbourne, Australia

Hello,

I have about 8000 pictures and slides (JPEG) that are dating back
before the era of the digital camera. They are all scanned and have a
name like "1963-11-05 001"(Date and sequence number). The more modern
pictures can have a name as "1999-05-03 20-15-37" (Date and time).
As these pictures do not have any EXIF data I would like to use a
program that can substract the information out of the filename and put
this into the "original date" EXIF field.
Does anybody knows of the existence of such a program? Do these
program handle batches as well? Can I add some comments into the EXIF?
I have tried programs such as PixLabs, EXIFUtil, etc. Most of these
programs are too complicated or not user friendly (read tedious and
slow), or do not handle batches. If I have to do them one at a time it
will be a loooong job.
Thank you very much for your input.