Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Tiger Direct

Tiger Direct

fotog@bellsouth.net

Many thanks to all those who responded.

Thera sure are some horror stories out there!

-- DaveinFLL
===========================
"It's not the heat, it's the humidity."
===========================
(Think the humidity's bad? You should watch us vote!)

REED BOXIN

i bought (over 11/2 year period ) 2 toshiba laptops, 2 canon printers, got good
deals on canon photo paper pro paper and inks , and 2 17 in flat screen
monitors .
i got great prices and didn't have any problems , unlike some who had some
complaints i was happy with them and would definetly buy from them again .
that's been my experience with them , keep in mind (i will also ) i didn't have
to go thru any service problems as others had .
gene

>Many thanks to all those who responded.
>
>Thera sure are some horror stories out there!
>
> -- DaveinFLL
>===========================

Joseph Meehan

REED BOXIN wrote:
> i bought (over 11/2 year period ) 2 toshiba laptops, 2 canon
> printers, got good deals on canon photo paper pro paper and inks ,
> and 2 17 in flat screen monitors .
> i got great prices and didn't have any problems , unlike some who had
> some complaints i was happy with them and would definetly buy from
> them again . that's been my experience with them , keep in mind (i
> will also ) i didn't have to go thru any service problems as others
> had .
> gene
>
>> Many thanks to all those who responded.
>>
>> Thera sure are some horror stories out there!
>>
>> -- DaveinFLL
>> ===========================

I have also bought a couple of things from them over the years, but
nothing expensive and not enough to really tell much about them.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

Bruce Watson

Have bought printers, computer accssories and ink jet and paper supplies
through their Canadian online site with no problems.

Very fast shipping, usually free with orders over $100.

I would buy from them again without hestitation.

Bruce
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Many thanks to all those who responded.
>
> Thera sure are some horror stories out there!
>
> -- DaveinFLL
> ===========================
> "It's not the heat, it's the humidity."
> ===========================
> (Think the humidity's bad? You should watch us vote!)

bmoag

I have bought and returned items many times to Tiger without problems

Mikey S.

Tiger is odd, some people seem to have nothing but trouble with them, others
report perfect success. I have bought 2 or 3 things from them with no
problems, but I never had any need for customer service intervention, so
that might be the difference and where they are lacking.

--

Mikey S.
http://www.mike721.com

"bmoag" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:QSTWb.23080$(E-Mail Removed) om...
> I have bought and returned items many times to Tiger without problems

Jeremy

"Mikey S." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>I never had any need for customer service intervention, so that might be

the difference and where they are lacking.

Not in my case. The telephone sales reps scammed me as I was placing the
orders--once when they took my credit card info and transferred it to an
out-of-state magazine subscription company and again when they took the
money out of my wife's credit card account before disclosing to her that the
item was not in stock and would not be available for at least 3 weeks. No
reputable company charges your credit card until they are ready to ship the
item, unless you are placing a custom order for an item that is not normally
kept in stock.

Tiger Direct has always advertised the message that they were a huge
company, with toms of items for sale, and that they sold items for less
because of theur huge buying power. That is what fooled me--I just did not
suspect that a big company would stoop to tactics like that.

I realize that many people have had no problems with them, but it is
important to understand that, with Tiger Direct, there is an alement of risk
when dealing with them. Maybe everything will be OK, but than again, maybe
you'll regret the day you ever placed an order with them.

My two experiences with them were obviously caused, not by mistakes, but by
their company policy. I am so bitter over what they did to me, that I would
NEVER give them another penny's worth of my business, and I am pleased to be
able to share my story with others, in the hope that they will decline to do
business with that company too.

CAVEAT EMPTOR!!!!!

Robert

It seems you are blowing smoke up you ass.

I have ordered many things.

I have cancelled orders after placing it on the web site. They gave me
no static or grievance for cancelling the order at 3am.

They were fast always in shipping my stuff.

Their web site is excellent and you have to be a moron not to be able
to use it to your advantage.

I summary, Tiger Direct has been a reliable merchant with excellent
service.

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 16:46:48 GMT, "Jeremy" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"Mikey S." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>I never had any need for customer service intervention, so that might be

>the difference and where they are lacking.
>>

>Not in my case. The telephone sales reps scammed me as I was placing the
>orders--once when they took my credit card info and transferred it to an
>out-of-state magazine subscription company and again when they took the
>money out of my wife's credit card account before disclosing to her that the
>item was not in stock and would not be available for at least 3 weeks. No
>reputable company charges your credit card until they are ready to ship the
>item, unless you are placing a custom order for an item that is not normally
>kept in stock.
>
>Tiger Direct has always advertised the message that they were a huge
>company, with toms of items for sale, and that they sold items for less
>because of theur huge buying power. That is what fooled me--I just did not
>suspect that a big company would stoop to tactics like that.
>
>I realize that many people have had no problems with them, but it is
>important to understand that, with Tiger Direct, there is an alement of risk
>when dealing with them. Maybe everything will be OK, but than again, maybe
>you'll regret the day you ever placed an order with them.
>
>My two experiences with them were obviously caused, not by mistakes, but by
>their company policy. I am so bitter over what they did to me, that I would
>NEVER give them another penny's worth of my business, and I am pleased to be
>able to share my story with others, in the hope that they will decline to do
>business with that company too.
>
>CAVEAT EMPTOR!!!!!

Clyde

Mikey S. wrote:

> Tiger is odd, some people seem to have nothing but trouble with them, others
> report perfect success. I have bought 2 or 3 things from them with no
> problems, but I never had any need for customer service intervention, so
> that might be the difference and where they are lacking.

Well, that seems to be the way with everything. I've read reviews for
years and there is always someone who has had a problem with every
company. I think newsgroups are not a good way to get statistics on the
customer service of any company.

A good example is B&H Photo & Video. They generally have a stellar
reputation. Every now and then you read a story that doesn't sound at
all like them. If you just read those, you would never buy from B&H.

I've had no problem with TigerDirect either. Some here obviously have.
For all I know these few that we have heard from may be the only ones
who have had trouble. (OK, not likely.) But what the real statistics
are, I don't know. I suppose we wouldn't know until we got pretty far
into the company. Then we would have to do the same for all it's
competitors.

OK, there is probably company collecting some industry stats, but I
don't know where. We would probably have to pay to get that data. <sigh>

Clyde