Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > sony p-10 or Casio EXZ4?

Reply
Thread Tools

sony p-10 or Casio EXZ4?

 
 
dave
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-11-2004
looking for a small camera, narrowed it down to the above.
Any comments
Dave


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Charles Perry
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-11-2004

"dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> looking for a small camera, narrowed it down to the above.
> Any comments
> Dave
>
>


A friend of mine has the Casio EXZ4 and loves it. I recently bought a new
camera and chose the Pentax Optio S4 over the Casio. I use macro quite a
bit and the Pentax has two macro modes. So far I have been thrilled with
the camera. I am unfamiliar with the Sony.

Charles Perry P.E.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
dave
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-11-2004
thanks for the repy, im also looking at the canon S400. its to replace a
Canon S30 but i want something smaller
"Charles Perry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c0e6mb$16dngb$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
>
> "dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > looking for a small camera, narrowed it down to the above.
> > Any comments
> > Dave
> >
> >

>
> A friend of mine has the Casio EXZ4 and loves it. I recently bought a new
> camera and chose the Pentax Optio S4 over the Casio. I use macro quite a
> bit and the Pentax has two macro modes. So far I have been thrilled with
> the camera. I am unfamiliar with the Sony.
>
> Charles Perry P.E.
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
mcs
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-14-2004
I tried both and the Sony has better focus if and a big if your still .
The casio has prettier shots , brighter,smaller fun camera . If your picky
about detail try another, both very good cameras though depending on your
preference. There is something about the P10 while very very good , you
always think something is lacking. You can get a glorious shot a bit more
often with the casio. Did I mix you up? The bottom line is if I could do
all over again, I would get the casio knowing they recently fixed a issue
with firmware.
"dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> thanks for the repy, im also looking at the canon S400. its to replace a
> Canon S30 but i want something smaller
> "Charles Perry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:c0e6mb$16dngb$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> >
> > "dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > looking for a small camera, narrowed it down to the above.
> > > Any comments
> > > Dave
> > >
> > >

> >
> > A friend of mine has the Casio EXZ4 and loves it. I recently bought a

new
> > camera and chose the Pentax Optio S4 over the Casio. I use macro quite

a
> > bit and the Pentax has two macro modes. So far I have been thrilled

with
> > the camera. I am unfamiliar with the Sony.
> >
> > Charles Perry P.E.
> >
> >

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Steve
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-14-2004
I agree about the Sony focus issue. I have a P10 and have learned that I
better hold really steady if I want a sharp image. I suppose the default
exposure goes for a small f-stop and a long exposure, like f8 @1/30, instead
of say, f4 @ 1/120 ? I would go for less depth of field and a faster
exposure. I have yet to play with the manual controls though.

Steve

"mcs" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsjiXb.42869$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I tried both and the Sony has better focus if and a big if your still .
> The casio has prettier shots , brighter,smaller fun camera . If your picky
> about detail try another, both very good cameras though depending on your
> preference. There is something about the P10 while very very good , you
> always think something is lacking. You can get a glorious shot a bit more
> often with the casio. Did I mix you up? The bottom line is if I could do
> all over again, I would get the casio knowing they recently fixed a issue
> with firmware.
> "dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > thanks for the repy, im also looking at the canon S400. its to replace a
> > Canon S30 but i want something smaller
> > "Charles Perry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:c0e6mb$16dngb$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> > >
> > > "dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > > looking for a small camera, narrowed it down to the above.
> > > > Any comments
> > > > Dave
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > > A friend of mine has the Casio EXZ4 and loves it. I recently bought a

> new
> > > camera and chose the Pentax Optio S4 over the Casio. I use macro

quite
> a
> > > bit and the Pentax has two macro modes. So far I have been thrilled

> with
> > > the camera. I am unfamiliar with the Sony.
> > >
> > > Charles Perry P.E.
> > >
> > >

> >
> >

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
dave
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-16-2004
Thanks all.
I got the Sony but took it back after a few days because i wanted somthing
even smaller. read good things about the Canon S400, jessops are doing it
for 299 and i already had a CF card so went for that.
It seems more basic than the Sony but im happy with it.

"Steve" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:XxvXb.8936$(E-Mail Removed) t...
> I agree about the Sony focus issue. I have a P10 and have learned that I
> better hold really steady if I want a sharp image. I suppose the default
> exposure goes for a small f-stop and a long exposure, like f8 @1/30,

instead
> of say, f4 @ 1/120 ? I would go for less depth of field and a faster
> exposure. I have yet to play with the manual controls though.
>
> Steve
>
> "mcs" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> newsjiXb.42869$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I tried both and the Sony has better focus if and a big if your still

..
> > The casio has prettier shots , brighter,smaller fun camera . If your

picky
> > about detail try another, both very good cameras though depending on

your
> > preference. There is something about the P10 while very very good , you
> > always think something is lacking. You can get a glorious shot a bit

more
> > often with the casio. Did I mix you up? The bottom line is if I could

do
> > all over again, I would get the casio knowing they recently fixed a

issue
> > with firmware.
> > "dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > thanks for the repy, im also looking at the canon S400. its to replace

a
> > > Canon S30 but i want something smaller
> > > "Charles Perry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:c0e6mb$16dngb$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> > > >
> > > > "dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > > > looking for a small camera, narrowed it down to the above.
> > > > > Any comments
> > > > > Dave
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > > A friend of mine has the Casio EXZ4 and loves it. I recently bought

a
> > new
> > > > camera and chose the Pentax Optio S4 over the Casio. I use macro

> quite
> > a
> > > > bit and the Pentax has two macro modes. So far I have been thrilled

> > with
> > > > the camera. I am unfamiliar with the Sony.
> > > >
> > > > Charles Perry P.E.
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >

> >
> >

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sony P200 or Casio EXZ-750? C and A Bredt Digital Photography 3 06-24-2005 08:11 PM
Nikon Coolpix S1 vs Sony DSC-T7 vs Casio EX-Z57 Mike Digital Photography 1 05-07-2005 12:22 PM
Fishing digital photo (using Sony Mavica and Casio EPX600) Stan Digital Photography 0 10-22-2004 08:59 PM
Casio EX-S3 and Sony DSC-T1 ? Wm Digital Photography 1 03-05-2004 07:23 PM
Casio EX-S3 and Sony 5MP DSC-V1 opinions? Wm Digital Photography 0 03-02-2004 02:12 PM



Advertisments