Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > ManGRIP ACTION BALL HEAD W/QUICK RELEASE PLATE / Cat. No: 222 frotto/Bogen

ManGRIP ACTION BALL HEAD W/QUICK RELEASE PLATE / Cat. No: 222 frotto/Bogen

Anthony Larkin

Any opinions on this unit - I intend using it with my Nikon D100?

Anthony Larkin

Anthony Larkin

Sorry - subject line typo error, should read Manfrotto Grip Action Ball Head

"Anthony Larkin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:KGmWb.2314$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Any opinions on this unit - I intend using it with my Nikon D100?
>
> Anthony Larkin

Colm

I have one and like it a lot. Some don't like them, but I grew up using
joysticks so it's quite natural for me.
Anyway, works fine for me with a 10D & 70-200L F4 on top.

--
Colm

"Anthony Larkin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:vQmWb.2315$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Sorry - subject line typo error, should read Manfrotto Grip Action Ball

Head

> "Anthony Larkin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:KGmWb.2314$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Any opinions on this unit - I intend using it with my Nikon D100?

Jack Kurtz

I have one and like it a lot. With anything up to a 70 - 200 2.8 (or
300 f4) it is super. It is a little light for longer, heavier lenses,
like 300 2.8 and above (although I have used it succesfully with a 600
f4 and 2X converter). But I think it is the best tripod head available
in its class.

jack

"Anthony Larkin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<vQmWb.2315$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Sorry - subject line typo error, should read Manfrotto Grip Action Ball Head
>
> "Anthony Larkin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:KGmWb.2314$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Any opinions on this unit - I intend using it with my Nikon D100?
> >
> > Anthony Larkin

Anthony Larkin

Hi Colm,
Did you buy it here in Ireland? - I see you have an Irish E-mail address -
where and how much?

Anthony (New Ross)

"Colm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c0cvgj$159ct8$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> I have one and like it a lot. Some don't like them, but I grew up using
> joysticks so it's quite natural for me.
> Anyway, works fine for me with a 10D & 70-200L F4 on top.
>
> --
> Colm
>

> "Anthony Larkin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:vQmWb.2315$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Sorry - subject line typo error, should read Manfrotto Grip Action Ball

> Head
> >
> > "Anthony Larkin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:KGmWb.2314$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Any opinions on this unit - I intend using it with my Nikon D100?

Colm Gallagher

I bought it locally (North Dublin), but I don't recall exactly how much it cost. I got a 190DB
tripod at the same time. About ?200 for both I think, but I could be wrong. I didn't shop around
because I was in a bit of a hurry.

--
Colm

"Anthony Larkin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:MgsWb.2358$(E-Mail Removed)...
: Hi Colm,
: Did you buy it here in Ireland? - I see you have an Irish E-mail address -
: where and how much?
:
: Anthony (New Ross)

Anthony Larkin

Hi Colm,

Thanks for that - I ordered one today Thursday from Conn's cameras cost €119
expecting delivery Friday, probably monday.

Anthony

"Colm Gallagher" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c0feph$15jv83$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> I bought it locally (North Dublin), but I don't recall exactly how much it

cost. I got a 190DB
> tripod at the same time. About ?200 for both I think, but I could be

wrong. I didn't shop around
> because I was in a bit of a hurry.
>
> --
> Colm
>

> "Anthony Larkin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

news:MgsWb.2358$(E-Mail Removed)...
> : Hi Colm,
> : Did you buy it here in Ireland? - I see you have an Irish E-mail

address -
> : where and how much?
> :
> : Anthony (New Ross)

Alan Browne

Anthony Larkin wrote:

> Any opinions on this unit - I intend using it with my Nikon D100?
>
> Anthony Larkin

I was tempted too, but playing with one for 10 minutes turned me off:

--your "fist" making muscles get tired quick.
--If you rotate from H to P, the parallax is humungous.

Sorry I didn't post this before you ordered, I look like the only "nay"
vote in any case.

Cheers,
Alan.
--
e-meil: there's no such thing as a FreeLunch.