Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > EOS 10D successor?

EOS 10D successor?

Mike

Hey all,

I'm thinking of buying a new digital camera soon, and make the switch from
film completely. I curently have canon lenses and bodies, and I've been
looking at the EOS 10D a good bit. I was wondering if canon is planning on
releasing a successor to the 10D anytime soon at all? or is there even a
point in waiting?

Thanks

Mike

Mark B.

news:c097q1$c65$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hey all,
>
> I'm thinking of buying a new digital camera soon, and make the switch from
> film completely. I curently have canon lenses and bodies, and I've been
> looking at the EOS 10D a good bit. I was wondering if canon is planning

on
> releasing a successor to the 10D anytime soon at all? or is there even a
> point in waiting?
>
> Thanks
>
> Mike

No point in waiting, as anybody that knows for sure can't say. The 10D is
still a teriffic camera even if something new comes out next week. I got
the D30 a month before the D60 came out and amazingly enough I was still
really pleased with the images.

Mark

The DaveŠ

> Mark B. wrote:
> No point in waiting, as anybody that knows for sure can't say. The
> 10D is still a teriffic camera even if something new comes out next
> week. I got the D30 a month before the D60 came out and amazingly
> enough I was still really pleased with the images.

I'm in a similar situation. For me, if it would be out in a month or
so, I'd wait. If it's three months or more, I would not wait.

--
The reason New Yorkers are so angry and depressed is because the light
at the end if the tunnel is New Jersey.

Bill Hilton

>From: "Mike" http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

>I was wondering if canon is planning on
>releasing a successor to the 10D anytime soon at all?

Should find out in the next few days since the PMA show opens Feb 12 and Canon
is already pre-announcing other new products. Typically they announce either
at this show or the one in September.

>or is there even a point in waiting?

The past three years people who waited got either lower prices or substantially
more mpixels at the same or lower price. Since it's just a few days why rush
in now?

Alan Browne

Mark B. wrote:

> No point in waiting, as anybody that knows for sure can't say. The 10D is
> still a teriffic camera even if something new comes out next week. I got
> the D30 a month before the D60 came out and amazingly enough I was still
> really pleased with the images.
>
> Mark

That's a great statement. Judging from some reactions to the
ever-improving digi's, you would think that older digi's somehow perform
worse than when they were new...

--
e-meil: there's no such thing as a FreeLunch.

Alan Browne

Mike wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I'm thinking of buying a new digital camera soon, and make the switch from
> film completely. I curently have canon lenses and bodies, and I've been
> looking at the EOS 10D a good bit. I was wondering if canon is planning on
> releasing a successor to the 10D anytime soon at all? or is there even a
> point in waiting?

The PMA show begins in a few days, all the BIG announcements will happen
on the first day. After that you should be 'stable' to decide.

Consider also that a lot of pre-owned D60's will be on the market and
that might be a better place to start, esp. if there is a new 10D killer
.... hold out D60 owners will leapfrog to the new model.

Waiting, why not? The digi industry has not plateau'd at all for
improvements. Canon's leading statistic appears to be the releasing of
new cameras.

Waiting, why? If you're burning through rolls of film to make 4x6's and
the odd enlargement to 8x12, then a D60/10D will pay off quickly enough.

Cheers,
Alan.

--
e-meil: there's no such thing as a FreeLunch.

Mike

sweet, thanks for the info. I'm not planning on gettin the camera soon...or
I should say - I dont NEED it soon. Come may/june I'll def. need it. Ill
keep an eye out for that PMA show and the newsgroups as well. thanks for
the info!

Mike

Thebigone

news:c097q1$c65$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hey all,
>
> I'm thinking of buying a new digital camera soon, and make the switch from
> film completely. I curently have canon lenses and bodies, and I've been
> looking at the EOS 10D a good bit. I was wondering if canon is planning

on
> releasing a successor to the 10D anytime soon at all? or is there even a
> point in waiting?
>
> Thanks
>
> Mike

2005PMA will announce the 10D Mark II with 8mp 1.3 sensor

Mark B.

"Thebigone" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c09n84$147jqp$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...

> news:c097q1$c65$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hey all,
> >
> > I'm thinking of buying a new digital camera soon, and make the switch

from
> > film completely. I curently have canon lenses and bodies, and I've been
> > looking at the EOS 10D a good bit. I was wondering if canon is planning

> on
> > releasing a successor to the 10D anytime soon at all? or is there even

> > point in waiting?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Mike
> >

> 2005PMA will announce the 10D Mark II with 8mp 1.3 sensor

Wait for 2010, a 10D-class camera will have a full frame 12mp sensor and run
at 8fps all for $1,200.

Mark

Ed E.

I'm expecting some announcement within 2 weeks, but I'm not privy to any
special info. Just using history as a gauge.