Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Anyone use the Kodak DX6340 Lens Adapter and Telephoto Lens?

Reply
Thread Tools

Anyone use the Kodak DX6340 Lens Adapter and Telephoto Lens?

 
 
Amyotte
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-09-2004
I have a DX6340 and the whole family is enjoying it.

The 4X optical is nice and clear but once I start using the digital zoom the
picture quality drops noticeably.

What added optical zoom can I expect using this setup?

I am curious about the experience of others using the Kodak Lens adapter and
the Kodak Retinar 37 mm Telephoto Lens.

Was toying with buying the DX6490 before I bought this one but the extra
dollars weren't there and did not want the dock.

Before I spent the $$ I would like experiences, opinions and thoughts on
this.

TIA

Brian


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Paige Miller
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-09-2004
On Stardate 2/9/2004 5:17 PM, the following keys were mysteriously typed
at Amyotte's keyboard...

> I have a DX6340 and the whole family is enjoying it.
>
> The 4X optical is nice and clear but once I start using the digital zoom the
> picture quality drops noticeably.


Digital zoom does have this drawback

> What added optical zoom can I expect using this setup?
>
> I am curious about the experience of others using the Kodak Lens adapter and
> the Kodak Retinar 37 mm Telephoto Lens.


I don't know about these lenses, but see below
>
> Was toying with buying the DX6490 before I bought this one but the extra
> dollars weren't there and did not want the dock.


The Kodak DX6490 10X zoom is fabulous. I love it. Seems to me it would
be worth the price if you are thinking about buying a new camera. The
dock enables you to charge the batteries, as well as help you transfer
the pictures, and to me is worth the money.
>
> Before I spent the $$ I would like experiences, opinions and thoughts on
> this.


The DX6490 gets generally good reviews. I would opt for the complete
system -- the DX6490 -- instead of a camera not designed for big zooms,
augmented with lenses to increase its ability.

--
Paige Miller
pmiller5 at rochester dot rr dot com
http://home.rochester.rr.com/djpaige/blogger.html

It's nothing until I call it -- Bill Klem, NL Umpire
If you get the choice to sit it out or dance,
I hope you dance -- Lee Ann Womack
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Amyotte
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-09-2004
Thanks Paige

But that wasn't what I was asking.

I did get some sample pictures from a DX6490 owner before I bought and was
really impressed. BUT I did not go that route due to the $$.

Brian


"Paige Miller" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:UuUVb.52567$%(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Stardate 2/9/2004 5:17 PM, the following keys were mysteriously typed
> at Amyotte's keyboard...
>
> > I have a DX6340 and the whole family is enjoying it.
> >
> > The 4X optical is nice and clear but once I start using the digital zoom

the
> > picture quality drops noticeably.

>
> Digital zoom does have this drawback
>
> > What added optical zoom can I expect using this setup?
> >
> > I am curious about the experience of others using the Kodak Lens adapter

and
> > the Kodak Retinar 37 mm Telephoto Lens.

>
> I don't know about these lenses, but see below
> >
> > Was toying with buying the DX6490 before I bought this one but the extra
> > dollars weren't there and did not want the dock.

>
> The Kodak DX6490 10X zoom is fabulous. I love it. Seems to me it would
> be worth the price if you are thinking about buying a new camera. The
> dock enables you to charge the batteries, as well as help you transfer
> the pictures, and to me is worth the money.
> >
> > Before I spent the $$ I would like experiences, opinions and thoughts on
> > this.

>
> The DX6490 gets generally good reviews. I would opt for the complete
> system -- the DX6490 -- instead of a camera not designed for big zooms,
> augmented with lenses to increase its ability.
>
> --
> Paige Miller
> pmiller5 at rochester dot rr dot com
> http://home.rochester.rr.com/djpaige/blogger.html
>
> It's nothing until I call it -- Bill Klem, NL Umpire
> If you get the choice to sit it out or dance,
> I hope you dance -- Lee Ann Womack



 
Reply With Quote
 
amyotte
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-11-2004
Anyone? per below.

Brian

"Amyotte" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> I have a DX6340 and the whole family is enjoying it.
>
> The 4X optical is nice and clear but once I start using the digital zoom the
> picture quality drops noticeably.
>
> What added optical zoom can I expect using this setup?
>
> I am curious about the experience of others using the Kodak Lens adapter and
> the Kodak Retinar 37 mm Telephoto Lens.
>
> Was toying with buying the DX6490 before I bought this one but the extra
> dollars weren't there and did not want the dock.
>
> Before I spent the $$ I would like experiences, opinions and thoughts on
> this.
>
> TIA
>
> Brian

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
KODAK RETINAR 37 mm Telephoto Lens Joa Digital Photography 8 07-27-2004 09:20 PM
100mm telephoto vs telephoto macro Jimmy Smith Digital Photography 6 06-23-2004 04:53 AM
Which batteries can I use for my Kodak dx6340? Darmin Digital Photography 7 05-13-2004 03:19 AM
Kodak DX4530 or Kodak DX6340?????? eng Digital Photography 15 02-05-2004 03:44 PM
Telephoto lens worth having for my Kodak DX6340? Samuel C. Digital Photography 2 01-20-2004 05:49 PM



Advertisments