Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Dates On A80?

Dates On A80?

CaptainKrunch

It appears you cannot stamp the actual picture with a date like what you
might be used to. The manual states that you can print out pictures with
the date on them but I did not look for the instructions on how to do that.
I don't know if that dates can be configured to print out on the pics if
they were printed at a store as opposed to your own computer with the Canon
software.

CaptainKrunch

"lfriedlander" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> How would one get the dates on pictures on compact flash card with the

A80?

> Lee

CaptainKrunch

The A80 comes with Zoom also.

CaptainKrunch

"CJEBS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I don't know what software comes with the A80, but the A70 software

includes
> ZoomBrowser EX. When I use that program to print, it gives me the option

of
> including a date stamp, file name, and/or comment.
>
> "CaptainKrunch" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > It appears you cannot stamp the actual picture with a date like what you
> > might be used to. The manual states that you can print out pictures

with
> > the date on them but I did not look for the instructions on how to do

> that.
> > I don't know if that dates can be configured to print out on the pics if
> > they were printed at a store as opposed to your own computer with the

> Canon
> > software.
> >
> > CaptainKrunch
> >

> > "lfriedlander" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > How would one get the dates on pictures on compact flash card with the

> > A80?
> > >
> > > Lee

lfriedlander

How would one get the dates on pictures on compact flash card with the A80?

Lee

Dave Martindale

lfriedlander <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>How would one get the dates on pictures on compact flash card with the A80?

As long as you set the clock correctly on the A80, the date and time are
automatically written into the image file header of every image shot,
along with a lot more data (aperture, shutter speed, camera mode, etc.)

To see this data, you need an application that will show you the EXIF
header information. Irfanview is one program that does this, and it's
free.

Dave

CJEBS