Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > OT - Gilbert & Sullivan on Janet Jackson

OT - Gilbert & Sullivan on Janet Jackson

Alan Browne

To the tune of Gilbert & Sullivan's "Tit-willow" from the "Mikaido"
http://math.boisestate.edu/gas/mikado/tit_willow.mid

Adaptation : (C) 2004 Andrew Solkin, British Colombia, Canada

On Super Bowl Sunday, a singer's right tit
O billow, tit-billow, tit-billow!
Gave folk in America one mighty fit,
O billow, tit-billow, tit-billow!
Each jaded New Yorker, each Arkansas rube,
Unsuspectingly watching the game on the tube,
Didn't know that at half-time, he'd see Janet's boob,
O billow, tit-billow, tit-billow!

A storm in a D-cup, a molehill indeed,
O billow, tit-billow, tit-billow!
That prompted the FCC's blustering screed,
O billow, tit-billow, tit-billow!
Each TV reporter, each pundit pronounced
That the MTV moguls deserved to be bounced
And the network executives all be denounced,
O billow, tit-billow, tit-billow!

Now I haven't the tiniest bit of a doubt
O billow, tit-billow, tit-billow!
'Twas no "wardrobe malfunction" that made it pop out,
O billow, tit-billow, tit-billow!
Though her talents, though meagre, have won her some fame,
Her silicon figure is what makes her name,
Any "star" in a thousand would do just the same -
O billow, tit-billow, tit-billow!

Lyrics: Andrew Solkin. Original score: Gilbert & Sullivan

tkranz

I generally disapprove of grossly off-topic, but I'll grudgingly give credit
for some originality here,

"Alan Browne" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> To the tune of Gilbert & Sullivan's "Tit-willow" from the "Mikaido"
> http://math.boisestate.edu/gas/mikado/tit_willow.mid
>
> Adaptation : (C) 2004 Andrew Solkin, British Colombia, Canada
>
> On Super Bowl Sunday, a singer's right tit
> O billow, tit-billow, tit-billow!
> Gave folk in America one mighty fit,
> O billow, tit-billow, tit-billow!
> Each jaded New Yorker, each Arkansas rube,
> Unsuspectingly watching the game on the tube,
> Didn't know that at half-time, he'd see Janet's boob,
> O billow, tit-billow, tit-billow!
>
> A storm in a D-cup, a molehill indeed,
> O billow, tit-billow, tit-billow!
> That prompted the FCC's blustering screed,
> O billow, tit-billow, tit-billow!
> Each TV reporter, each pundit pronounced
> That the MTV moguls deserved to be bounced
> And the network executives all be denounced,
> O billow, tit-billow, tit-billow!
>
> Now I haven't the tiniest bit of a doubt
> O billow, tit-billow, tit-billow!
> 'Twas no "wardrobe malfunction" that made it pop out,
> O billow, tit-billow, tit-billow!
> Though her talents, though meagre, have won her some fame,
> Her silicon figure is what makes her name,
> Any "star" in a thousand would do just the same -
> O billow, tit-billow, tit-billow!
>
> Lyrics: Andrew Solkin. Original score: Gilbert & Sullivan

David Littlewood

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Alan Browne
<(E-Mail Removed)> writes

>To the tune of Gilbert & Sullivan's "Tit-willow" from the "Mikaido"
>http://math.boisestate.edu/gas/mikado/tit_willow.mid
>
>Adaptation : (C) 2004 Andrew Solkin, British Colombia, Canada
>
>On Super Bowl Sunday, a singer's right tit
>O billow, tit-billow, tit-billow!
>Gave folk in America one mighty fit,
>O billow, tit-billow, tit-billow!
>Each jaded New Yorker, each Arkansas rube,
>Unsuspectingly watching the game on the tube,
>Didn't know that at half-time, he'd see Janet's boob,
>O billow, tit-billow, tit-billow!
>
>A storm in a D-cup, a molehill indeed,
>O billow, tit-billow, tit-billow!
>That prompted the FCC's blustering screed,
>O billow, tit-billow, tit-billow!
>Each TV reporter, each pundit pronounced
>That the MTV moguls deserved to be bounced
>And the network executives all be denounced,
>O billow, tit-billow, tit-billow!
>
>Now I haven't the tiniest bit of a doubt
>O billow, tit-billow, tit-billow!
>'Twas no "wardrobe malfunction" that made it pop out,
>O billow, tit-billow, tit-billow!
>Though her talents, though meagre, have won her some fame,
>Her silicon figure is what makes her name,
>Any "star" in a thousand would do just the same -
>O billow, tit-billow, tit-billow!
>
>Lyrics: Andrew Solkin. Original score: Gilbert & Sullivan

Brilliant, Alan!

I can never understand why lunatics (and there always seem to be more in
the USA that most other places - much as I love the USA) get so steamed
up about such things. After all, half the world have got them, most of
the other half spend a fair proportion of their time thinking about
them, and most people began life attached to them.

FWIW, there is currently a similar fascination over here with the (very
enhanced - if yours was a storm in a D-cup this must be a triple-F cup)
physique of a well-known model who is taken part in a celebrity reality
TV show. So far, no one here has thought it worth suing the TV network
for umpteen billion pounds for upsetting his/her tender sensibilities.
--
David Littlewood

Journalist-North

"David Littlewood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:$(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Alan Browne
> <(E-Mail Removed)> writes
> >

> >To the tune of Gilbert & Sullivan's "Tit-willow" from the "Mikaido"
> >http://math.boisestate.edu/gas/mikado/tit_willow.mid
> >
> >Adaptation : (C) 2004 Andrew Solkin, British Colombia, Canada

(snip)
> Brilliant, Alan!
>
> I can never understand why lunatics (and there always seem to be more in
> the USA that most other places - much as I love the USA) get so steamed
> up about such things. After all, half the world have got them, most of
> the other half spend a fair proportion of their time thinking about
> them, and most people began life attached to them.
>
> FWIW, there is currently a similar fascination over here with the (very
> enhanced - if yours was a storm in a D-cup this must be a triple-F cup)
> physique of a well-known model who is taken part in a celebrity reality
> TV show. So far, no one here has thought it worth suing the TV network
> for umpteen billion pounds for upsetting his/her tender sensibilities.
>
> David Littlewood

-----------

It gets even sillier...(off my news feed)

(AP) -- Friday, February 6, 2004 9:33 AM EST (1433 GMT) - "A banker from
Knoxville, Tennessee, filed a class action lawsuit against Jackson, dance
partner Justin Timberlake, CBS, halftime show producers MTV and the
networks' parent company, Viacom. Terri Carlin said the "sexually explicit
conduct" by the performers caused millions of people to "suffer outrage,
anger, embarrassment and serious injury." "

Photographers beware...the next nude you shoot could put you on the pointy
end of a class action lawsuit!!!

Only in America - land of the free (free to sue anyone; anytime; for any
thing)

PS to David, Katie Price, aka Jordan, is not THAT large. She is "only?" a EE
cup size, but, still, when taking her picture depth-of-field is a problem
LOL

Journalist

Alan Browne

Journalist-North wrote:

> It gets even sillier...(off my news feed)
>
> (AP) -- Friday, February 6, 2004 9:33 AM EST (1433 GMT) - "A banker from
> Knoxville, Tennessee, filed a class action lawsuit against Jackson, dance
> partner Justin Timberlake, CBS, halftime show producers MTV and the
> networks' parent company, Viacom. Terri Carlin said the "sexually explicit
> conduct" by the performers caused millions of people to "suffer outrage,
> anger, embarrassment and serious injury." "
>
> Photographers beware...the next nude you shoot could put you on the pointy
> end of a class action lawsuit!!!

au contraire, you sell the photos as evidence to the class action.

Alan Browne

David Littlewood wrote:

>> Any "star" in a thousand would do just the same -
>> O billow, tit-billow, tit-billow!
>>
>> Lyrics: Andrew Solkin. Original score: Gilbert & Sullivan
>>

> Brilliant, Alan!

....not me, an old friend (who is brillant) wrote it and sent it. Pretty
damned good...

> I can never understand why lunatics (and there always seem to be more in
> the USA that most other places - much as I love the USA) get so steamed
> up about such things. After all, half the world have got them, most of
> the other half spend a fair proportion of their time thinking about
> them, and most people began life attached to them.

It's a US thing... nowhere else in the world...

Cheers,
Alan

William Graham

"Alan Browne" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:00XUb.49530$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> David Littlewood wrote:
>

> >> Any "star" in a thousand would do just the same -
> >> O billow, tit-billow, tit-billow!
> >>
> >> Lyrics: Andrew Solkin. Original score: Gilbert & Sullivan
> >>

> > Brilliant, Alan!

> ...not me, an old friend (who is brillant) wrote it and sent it. Pretty
> damned good...
>

> > I can never understand why lunatics (and there always seem to be more in
> > the USA that most other places - much as I love the USA) get so steamed
> > up about such things. After all, half the world have got them, most of
> > the other half spend a fair proportion of their time thinking about
> > them, and most people began life attached to them.

> It's a US thing... nowhere else in the world...
>

> Cheers,
> Alan

It comes from our tight-lipped, narrow minded, holier-than-thou
beginnings.......

David Littlewood

In article <qzWUb.8507$(E-Mail Removed)>,
Journalist-North <(E-Mail Removed)> writes

>"David Littlewood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:$(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Alan Browne
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>> >

>> >To the tune of Gilbert & Sullivan's "Tit-willow" from the "Mikaido"
>> >http://math.boisestate.edu/gas/mikado/tit_willow.mid
>> >
>> >Adaptation : (C) 2004 Andrew Solkin, British Colombia, Canada

>(snip)
>> Brilliant, Alan!
>>
>> I can never understand why lunatics (and there always seem to be more in
>> the USA that most other places - much as I love the USA) get so steamed
>> up about such things. After all, half the world have got them, most of
>> the other half spend a fair proportion of their time thinking about
>> them, and most people began life attached to them.
>>
>> FWIW, there is currently a similar fascination over here with the (very
>> enhanced - if yours was a storm in a D-cup this must be a triple-F cup)
>> physique of a well-known model who is taken part in a celebrity reality
>> TV show. So far, no one here has thought it worth suing the TV network
>> for umpteen billion pounds for upsetting his/her tender sensibilities.
>>
>> David Littlewood

>-----------
>
>It gets even sillier...(off my news feed)
>
>(AP) -- Friday, February 6, 2004 9:33 AM EST (1433 GMT) - "A banker from
>Knoxville, Tennessee, filed a class action lawsuit against Jackson, dance
>partner Justin Timberlake, CBS, halftime show producers MTV and the
>networks' parent company, Viacom. Terri Carlin said the "sexually explicit
>conduct" by the performers caused millions of people to "suffer outrage,
>anger, embarrassment and serious injury." "
>
>Photographers beware...the next nude you shoot could put you on the pointy
>end of a class action lawsuit!!!
>
>Only in America - land of the free (free to sue anyone; anytime; for any
>thing)

Well, it was this story I was referring to in my quoted post (see last
sentence).

>PS to David, Katie Price, aka Jordan, is not THAT large. She is "only?" a EE
>cup size, but, still, when taking her picture depth-of-field is a problem
>LOL

I stand corrected (at least I can without overbalancing). Actually, she
comes over as rather nicer than I thought she would - and stands the
stress much better as well.
--
David Littlewood

David Littlewood

In article <00XUb.49530$(E-Mail Removed)>, Alan Browne
<(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>David Littlewood wrote:
>

>>> Any "star" in a thousand would do just the same -
>>> O billow, tit-billow, tit-billow!
>>>
>>> Lyrics: Andrew Solkin. Original score: Gilbert & Sullivan
>>>

>> Brilliant, Alan!

>...not me, an old friend (who is brillant) wrote it and sent it.
>Pretty damned good...

I noticed that; the compliment was aimed at the author (but thanks to
you for sharing it with us).

>> I can never understand why lunatics (and there always seem to be
>>more in the USA that most other places - much as I love the USA) get
>>so steamed up about such things. After all, half the world have got
>>them, most of the other half spend a fair proportion of their time
>>thinking about them, and most people began life attached to them.

>It's a US thing... nowhere else in the world...

Unfortunately the horrible trend is spreading over here. At least losing
litigants are virtually always made to pay the successful party's legal
costs here, which means, even if your lawyer is on a contingent fee
basis, there is some disincentive to frivolous cases.
--
David Littlewood

David Littlewood

In article <gd1Vb.189267$Rc4.1491940@attbi_s54>, William Graham
<(E-Mail Removed)> writes

>> > I can never understand why lunatics (and there always seem to be more in
>> > the USA that most other places - much as I love the USA) get so steamed
>> > up about such things. After all, half the world have got them, most of
>> > the other half spend a fair proportion of their time thinking about
>> > them, and most people began life attached to them.

>> It's a US thing... nowhere else in the world...
>>

>> Cheers,
>> Alan
>>

>It comes from our tight-lipped, narrow minded, holier-than-thou
>beginnings.......

A couple of years ago I heard the story of an Australian woman who gave
(IIRC) a radio interview on being Australian. She said: "I give thanks
every day that we got all the criminals and America got all the
religious bigots."

I'm sure it's a teeny bit exaggerated - but funny too.
--
David Littlewood