Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > camera ico with a size of 0 (zero)

camera ico with a size of 0 (zero)

am001

i have dx6490 digital camera , when i' m connect this camera on
my computer , the icon corresponding to my camera on desktop are
invalid.

in the camera directory i just have a file named camera.ico with a
size
of 0 , and an autorun.inf which point to these camera.ico.
why camera ico have a size of 0

i have try to modify the samera.ico file on my memory camera , but the
memory is protected
I use easy sahre from kodak
Have someone the same probleme with kodak camera , or knows a
bypass for have a pretty camera icon.

Linda_N

"am001" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> i have dx6490 digital camera , when i' m connect this camera on
> my computer , the icon corresponding to my camera on desktop are
> invalid.
>
> in the camera directory i just have a file named camera.ico with a
> size
> of 0 , and an autorun.inf which point to these camera.ico.
> why camera ico have a size of 0
>
> i have try to modify the samera.ico file on my memory camera , but the
> memory is protected
> I use easy sahre from kodak
> Have someone the same probleme with kodak camera , or knows a
> bypass for have a pretty camera icon.

I don't own a Kodac, but shouldn't the Desktop icon for you camera be
pointing to a usb drive (assuming you used usb to connect camera to
computer)? .ico is just a bitmapped graphic file so it is not going to open
a drive if the shortcut is pointed there.

I am not sure what an .inf file does but I have a feeling it stands for
information. If you open that .inf file in Notepad it may reveal the drive
information for when your camera is plugged in. Perhaps you could change the
..ico shortcut to point to whatever path is in the .inf file.

PS: it is 0 because it contains no information or less than 1kb of info.

All else fails go to the Kodac site and find their troubleshooting area for
you camera. It is likely that someone else had the same problem so it is in
their FAQ.

Also consider getting a card reader. That makes file transfer less work if
you ask me.

Linda.

ICO to GIF? (transparant) Edwin Knoppert ASP .Net 6 12-29-2005 06:09 AM
can the ico on the ADDRESS area be changed to favicon.ico ? Mel HTML 1 03-09-2005 03:47 PM
Having favicon.ico instead of IE.ico on a website Patrick Olurotimi Ige ASP .Net 1 12-09-2004 02:27 PM
ico editor in VS.NET Jordan ASP .Net 1 07-23-2004 11:11 AM
favicon.ico and long pathnames Kevin Spencer ASP .Net 2 01-21-2004 02:31 PM

Advertisments