Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Circuit City vs Best Buy

Circuit City vs Best Buy

Mark A

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:402178D2.21823.53B54EA@localhost...
> Which is better?

For the exact same product? BestBuy generally has a slightly better return
policy. if you don't like the product or it is defective. With regard to
price, you just have to compare each product individually.

Banjopikr1

>Which is better?

In house buying, its a toss up.
Internet buying, do you prefer mumps or measles?

Harvey

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:402178D2.21823.53B54EA@localhost...
> Which is better?

Best Buy will hound you to buy the extra charge warranty.

Rick

"Harvey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:JTjUb.175$(E-Mail Removed)...

> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:402178D2.21823.53B54EA@localhost...
> > Which is better?

> Best Buy will hound you to buy the extra charge warranty.

I don't patronize any business that uses rebates to compete
in the marketplace. In that regard CC is better than BB.

Rick

Frank ess

Rick wrote:
> "Harvey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:JTjUb.175$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> Which is better?

>> Best Buy will hound you to buy the extra charge warranty.

> I don't patronize any business that uses rebates to compete
> in the marketplace. In that regard CC is better than BB.

I ordered a disk player/recorder from Best Buy online. When they charged me
at pickup, it was 30% less than listed on the order form. No one tried to
sell me extended warranties.

Couple years ago I walked in to that same store and bought a computer. There
were about $250 in rebates attached to it. They printed a rebate form and
separate receipt for each of the four or five rebates. They didn't give me
envelopes or stamps, or fill out the forms, but within a month or so I had
deposited the checks, and the computer was selling for the same price with
no rebates.

Works for me.

--
Frank ess

Dick Frederick

Just a local opinion, but I found, in general here in Tucson, the sales
people at CC are superior, both in quantity and quality. I look at BB as
somehing like the Wal-Mart of electronics. Also, CC treated me very well on
a major return. Obviously, this is hardly a national sampling, but CC has
my vote.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:402178D2.21823.53B54EA@localhost...
> Which is better?

Tony Spadaro

I would never buy anything from a crap operation like Best Buy - however
I've prtty much stopped buying from Circuit City too.

--
http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto
"Mark A" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OxjUb.96$(E-Mail Removed)...
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> > Which is better?
> >

> For the exact same product? BestBuy generally has a slightly better return
> policy. if you don't like the product or it is defective. With regard to
> price, you just have to compare each product individually.

Donald Link

Personally I like Wendys.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:402178D2.21823.53B54EA@localhost...
> Which is better?

Ron Hunter

Rick wrote:

> "Harvey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:JTjUb.175$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:402178D2.21823.53B54EA@localhost...
>>
>>>Which is better?

>>Best Buy will hound you to buy the extra charge warranty.

> I don't patronize any business that uses rebates to compete
> in the marketplace. In that regard CC is better than BB.
>
> Rick

?? Both use rebates.

Mark A

> > Which is better?
>
> Best Buy will hound you to buy the extra charge warranty.

You must have "sucker" written all over your face. I just politely say no,
and they ring it up. They don't work on commission at BestBuy.

If that bothers you, wait until you try to buy a new car someday.