Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Any hints on nice Macro lens for D100

Any hints on nice Macro lens for D100

Proto

Anyone doing closeups with D100 and have any links to pics? Any clues on a
nice lense for this?

Thanks

Proto

KBob

On Thu, 05 Feb 2004 01:09:51 GMT, "Proto" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Anyone doing closeups with D100 and have any links to pics? Any clues on a
>nice lense for this?
>
>Thanks
>
>Proto

Either the Nikkor 60mm, 105mm or 200mm macros are good choices. A lot
depends on how what you're doing--bug shots require more distance, and
this is where the 200 is at its best.

Jon Erlandson

Depending on your needs and pocketbook...
Nikkor 60mm micro
Nikkor 105mm micro
Sigma 105mm macro

"Proto" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Anyone doing closeups with D100 and have any links to pics? Any clues

on a
> nice lense for this?
>
> Thanks
>
> Proto

Rodney Myrvaagnes

I have a film camera, but a 105 mm, F2.8 microNikkor is a very nice
macro lens. The AF version goes to 1:1. THe manual focus (earlier
version) goes to 0.5:1. I.e., not quite as close. the image is half
size at closest focus.

On Thu, 05 Feb 2004 01:09:51 GMT, "Proto" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Anyone doing closeups with D100 and have any links to pics? Any clues on a
>nice lense for this?
>
>Thanks
>
>Proto

Rodney Myrvaagnes NYC J36 Gjo/a

Capsizing under chute, and having the chute rise and fill without tangling, all while Mark and Sally are still behind you

Gavin Cato

The 60mm & 200mm are near faultless.

"Proto" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Anyone doing closeups with D100 and have any links to pics? Any clues on a
> nice lense for this?
>
> Thanks
>
> Proto

BCampbell

The Nikon 105mm macro lens was the best lens I ever owned for 35mm film
including three Leica SLR lenses. I used it as a general purpose lens most
of the time, It was the only lens among the six or seven Nikon pro lenses I
owned from which 8x10 prints and sometimes 11x14 prints could be made that
were at least comparable to those made from my 6x7 medium format negatives.
However, for a digital camera it's a pretty long lens, approximately the
equivalent of a 150mm, which I thought was too long for my purposes. I
bought the 60mm Nikon macro lens for digital and have been pleased with it.

"Rodney Myrvaagnes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a film camera, but a 105 mm, F2.8 microNikkor is a very nice
> macro lens. The AF version goes to 1:1. THe manual focus (earlier
> version) goes to 0.5:1. I.e., not quite as close. the image is half
> size at closest focus.
>

> On Thu, 05 Feb 2004 01:09:51 GMT, "Proto" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Anyone doing closeups with D100 and have any links to pics? Any clues on

> >nice lense for this?
> >
> >Thanks
> >
> >Proto
> >

> Rodney Myrvaagnes NYC

J36 Gjo/a

> Capsizing under chute, and having the chute rise and fill without

tangling, all while Mark and Sally are still behind you

IntarsiaCo

> Anyone doing closeups with D100 and have any links to pics? Any clues on a
>nice lense for this?

I have been using the D100 with a Tamron 90mm/F2.8 macro and there are images
at:

http://www.ibiblio.org/pbs/pbswiki/f...umilis_bud.jpg

http://www.ibiblio.org/pbs/pbswiki/f...rtus_albus_var
_rubellus1.jpg

Proto

"KBob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Thu, 05 Feb 2004 01:09:51 GMT, "Proto" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Anyone doing closeups with D100 and have any links to pics? Any clues on

> >nice lense for this?
> >
> >Thanks
> >
> >Proto
> >

> Either the Nikkor 60mm, 105mm or 200mm macros are good choices. A lot
> depends on how what you're doing--bug shots require more distance, and
> this is where the 200 is at its best.

Thanks for the help. I finally have a good camera and am looking forward to
many great quality shots. I have previously only done some low res shots
with 1MP oldie with 35mm closeup set. These allowed me to get very close
actually touching the lense but looked pretty nice. Some morphing shots of
mealworm to beatle were interesting. I will have so read carefully the
specs on your suggestions.

Thanks again.

Proto

Proto

"Jon Erlandson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Depending on your needs and pocketbook...
> Nikkor 60mm micro
> Nikkor 105mm micro
> Sigma 105mm macro
>

> "Proto" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > Anyone doing closeups with D100 and have any links to pics? Any clues

> on a
> > nice lense for this?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Proto

I see what you mean about the cost. I am not a pro, only a player so
whatever I dump I will never recoup but its alot of fun anyway. I plan on
also getting the D70 in the summer just to be an extreme hobbiest

Proto

Proto

"Rodney Myrvaagnes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a film camera, but a 105 mm, F2.8 microNikkor is a very nice
> macro lens. The AF version goes to 1:1. THe manual focus (earlier
> version) goes to 0.5:1. I.e., not quite as close. the image is half
> size at closest focus.

This is something I have to get a better understanding of before I get in
much deeper. I am now only using an old Nikkor AF 70-210 1:4 that is giving
me inside shots that are a bit dark with onboard flash and focus good but
only on the front of pet while tail end is out of focus. Depth of field
issue I have to get a better grasp on. Photo app enhancement needed to
brighten but does look brighter and nicer after that.

Proctor