Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > ..looks like a Canon 10D, 300D ,Nikon D100 killer to me......

..looks like a Canon 10D, 300D ,Nikon D100 killer to me......

Jim Waggener

http://www.dpreview.com/articles/nikond70/

facts is facts.

Charlie Self

Jim Waggener posts, again:

>http://www.dpreview.com/articles/nikond70/
>
>facts is facts.

And the fact is the camera doesn't really exist yet. It also lacks some
features that are on the D100 and others, at least as described.

Let's see what happens when it hits the market--and let's see what other
companies put up against it.

Charlie Self
"All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is
sure."
Mark Twain
http://hometown.aol.com/charliediy/m.../business.html

AArDvarK

Nope ... no mirror lock up for photography.
Alex

"Jim Waggener" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> http://www.dpreview.com/articles/nikond70/
>
> facts is facts.

Bill Hilton

>Jim Waggener posts
>
>facts is facts.

But all the facts aren't in yet, wait until PMA ... what happens if the 300D
drops in price to $499 and the 10D is replaced with the 10D Mark II with the
8.2 Mpix sensor for $999 - $1,199, as rumored?

Lisa Horton

Bill Hilton wrote:

> >Jim Waggener posts
> >
> >facts is facts.

> But all the facts aren't in yet, wait until PMA ... what happens if the 300D
> drops in price to $499 and the 10D is replaced with the 10D Mark II with the
> 8.2 Mpix sensor for $999 - $1,199, as rumored?

I'll tell you what happens, I start warming up the credit cards

Lisa

KBob

On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 16:28:25 -0800, "AArDvarK" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Nope ... no mirror lock up for photography.
>Alex

Also it's missing a couple of the highest ISO settings, and the flash
is a bit weaker. Also it has lost the TIFF imaging capability of the
D100. Maybe a "killer" in terms of price, however...

Jim Waggener

> I'll tell you what happens, I start warming up the credit cards
>
> Lisa

lol. exactly the person they want

PhotoMan

"Lisa Horton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> I'll tell you what happens, I start warming up the credit cards

Hell, mine went up in smoke within a month of buying my dReb!
Joe Arnold

Lisa Horton

Jim Waggener wrote:

> > I'll tell you what happens, I start warming up the credit cards
> >
> > Lisa

> lol. exactly the person they want

Well, the other Canon DSLR's have pretty much all paid for themselves in
short order, no reason why that should change with a better one

Really though, they'd need to come up with more than a slight increase
in pixel count to get me to bite again so soon. But if the long rumored
EOS 3 DSLR came out, that would be an easy decision.

Lisa

W6DKN

Bill Hilton wrote:
>> Jim Waggener posts
>>
>> facts is facts.

> But all the facts aren't in yet, wait until PMA ... what happens if
> the 300D drops in price to $499 and the 10D is replaced with the 10D
> Mark II with the
> 8.2 Mpix sensor for $999 - $1,199, as rumored?

Then I'll look out the window to see if I can spot any flying pigs ... :>)

= Dan =