Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Roll of photo quality paper.

Roll of photo quality paper.

Giorgis

Hi All,

At my work we hav a Design jet 500 printer. It is somethin to drool
about.
I have printed almost meter wide panoramics that blow me away. The printer
takes a roll, and cuts to size. Soon I will be leaving.
Would you guys have a printer to recomand that taks a roll that is A3. I
will be able to make 210 wide but ulimited length panoramics.

The design jet can do A1, but I never went that big.

Ken Reynolds

"Giorgis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:401f59f6$0$4249$(E-Mail Removed) ...
Hi
A3 is 420 x 297
I have an Epson 1290 which takes roll paper as well as sheets. It is 297
wide. Quality is excellent and is worth a look.
Ken Reynolds

Savidge4

>At my work we hav a Design jet 500 printer. It is somethin to drool
>about.
>I have printed almost meter wide panoramics that blow me away. The printer
>takes a roll, and cuts to size. Soon I will be leaving.
> Would you guys have a printer to recomand that taks a roll that is A3. I
>will be able to make 210 wide but ulimited length panoramics.
>
> The design jet can do A1, but I never went that big.

if you really look around, from time to time you can get your hands on a used
HP 500 24" model for like $900 or so.

Bill Hilton

>From: "Giorgis" http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

>Would you guys have a printer to recomand that taks a roll that is A3. I
>will be able to make 210 wide but ulimited length panoramics.

The Epson 13" wide printers take roll paper, I think the length limit is around
44" or thereabouts so not exactly "unlimited". You'd want either the 2200 or
the 1280/1290. The 2200 comes with an automatic cutter too.

Scott Coutts

Giorgis wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> At my work we hav a Design jet 500 printer. It is somethin to drool
> about. I have printed almost meter wide panoramics that blow me
> away. The printer takes a roll, and cuts to size. Soon I will be
> leaving. Would you guys have a printer to recomand that taks a roll
> that is A3. I will be able to make 210 wide but ulimited length
> panoramics. The design jet can do A1, but I never went that big.

Do you need the prints, or the printer? If you just need big prints,
then there's plenty of places on the net that will do proper
photographic prints for you as big as 50" x 50m.

www.bondimaging.com.au
www.pixelperfect.com.au