Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Premium Glossy and Epson 2100?

Premium Glossy and Epson 2100?

MXP

Has somebody tried Epson Premium Glossy paper in an Epson 2100 printer?
I have only a driver for the Premium Semiglossy paper. Maybe the glossy
paper is bad with pigment ink?
I have tried the Glossy Photoweight paper but then I like the Premium
Semiglossy better.

Max

Bill Hilton

>From: "MXP" http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

>Has somebody tried Epson Premium Glossy paper in an Epson 2100 printer?

I've used the PGPP (Premium Glossy Photo Paper) in my 2200, which is the same
basic printer.

>I have only a driver for the Premium Semiglossy paper.

If you have the Photo Black ink cart installed you should be able to see the
driver for PGPP. At least I can see it with the 2200.

> Maybe the glossy paper is bad with pigment ink?

The glossy papers show "ink differential" or bronzing, with black ink having a
bit of sheen if you look at the print from an angle. Supposedly spraying the
print with something like PremierArt Print Shield (or similar products) clears
this problem up (and increases the print life too) ..
http://www.inkjetart.com/premier/print_shield.html

Fred A. Miller

MXP wrote:

> Has somebody tried Epson Premium Glossy paper in an Epson 2100 printer?
> I have only a driver for the Premium Semiglossy paper. Maybe the glossy
> paper is bad with pigment ink?
> I have tried the Glossy Photoweight paper but then I like the Premium
> Semiglossy better.

Yes, the Epson Archival Glossy is good, but I do just about everything with
Epson Flat Archival or Epson Luster, which I think you'll like much better
than semigloss. I have the Epson Stylus Photo 2200.

Fred

--
"...Linux, MS-DOS, and Windows XP (also known as the Good, the Bad, and
the Ugly)."

Phil Rose

In article <ovzTb.27724$(E-Mail Removed)>, Fred A. Miller
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Yes, the Epson Archival Glossy is good, but I do just about everything with
> Epson Flat Archival [snip]

I've never heard of either of those papers (and neither, evidently has
Epson's web site)--care to clarify?

Phil

Linda_N

"Phil Rose" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:050220041535351939%(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <ovzTb.27724$(E-Mail Removed)>, Fred A. Miller
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Yes, the Epson Archival Glossy is good, but I do just about everything

with
> > Epson Flat Archival [snip]

> I've never heard of either of those papers (and neither, evidently has
> Epson's web site)--care to clarify?
>
> Phil

He means Epson Archival Matte for use with Epson's Archival inks. The series
(consisting of degrees of gloss coating including semi, as well as one
without coating) is of outstanding quality and result...very expensive
though but the no fade is worth it. The link below shows what is available
through Epson (half way down this Epson consumable product listing)
http://www.epson.com.my/consumable/p...ia/more3.shtml

A more detailed listing can be found at:
http://www.provantage.com/buy-110EPS...r-shopping.htm

Linda.