Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > What do people use to make 16 x 20" digital prints

What do people use to make 16 x 20" digital prints

normanstrong

I've looked through all the ink jet printers at Office Max, Office
Depot, etc., and non of them make anything wider than 8 1/2". How do
people make high quality prints of larger size?

Cheers,

Norm Strong

Bill Hilton

>From: "normanstrong" http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

>I've looked through all the ink jet printers at Office Max, Office
>Depot, etc., and non of them make anything wider than 8 1/2". How do
>people make high quality prints of larger size?

Canon and Epson make excellent 13" wide printers, like the Epson 1280 and 2200
models and the Canon S9000 and i9100 (I think I got the right Canon models ...
I'm sure about the Epsons). You can print on 13x19" paper with either of these
and Epson offers roll papers for panos.

Above 13" the printers are much more expensive and most people simply send out
for larger prints. If you set the files up just right (convert to profile, add
white space and a border for cutting, size it to 304.8 ppi for example) you can
get pretty cheap LightJet 5000 16x20's from places like Calypso or WCI, around
$20 from one of the best labs in the west ... http://www.calypsoinc.com/ or
http://www.westcoastimaging.com/

If you want your own printer wider than 13" the new Epson 4000 is shipping in
March and does 17x22" sheets or 17" wide rolls but it's about $1,800 and on
back order for a while, most likely ( http://www.inkjetart.com/4000/index.html
). Epson also makes excellent professional 24" and 44" wide models using the
same inks, but these are more like $3,000 and $5,000.

Bill

PenKangborn@kebi.com

Norm from Cheers wrote:

> I've looked through all the ink jet printers at Office Max, Office
> Depot, etc., and non of them make anything wider than 8 1/2". How do
> people make high quality prints of larger size?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Norm Strong

Glue and Staples. What the hell is wrong with you?

Bill

HP also has large format photo quality printers.
http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en...tml#model-diff

Bill
"normanstrong" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> I've looked through all the ink jet printers at Office Max, Office
> Depot, etc., and non of them make anything wider than 8 1/2". How do
> people make high quality prints of larger size?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Norm Strong

George Preddy

"normanstrong" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> I've looked through all the ink jet printers at Office Max, Office
> Depot, etc., and non of them make anything wider than 8 1/2". How do
> people make high quality prints of larger size?

Professional web-based labs are often cheaper than printing yourself with
better quality.

Charlie Self

Norman Strong writes:

>I've looked through all the ink jet printers at Office Max, Office
>Depot, etc., and non of them make anything wider than 8 1/2". How do
>people make high quality prints of larger size?

Look through photo printers. Office Depot, quick check, descending price
(highest first) Epson 2200.

Charlie Self
"All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is
sure."
Mark Twain
http://hometown.aol.com/charliediy/m.../business.html

Conrad Weiler

Hi Norm,

Give a look at www.photoaccess.com

Best,

Conrad
Conrad Weiler
Camp Sherman, Oregon

Richard Amirault

Send the file to a professional lab to make a print ... AND it will last
better than a home made one.

Richard in Boston, MA, USA

> Norm from Cheers wrote:
>
> > I've looked through all the ink jet printers at Office Max, Office
> > Depot, etc., and non of them make anything wider than 8 1/2". How do
> > people make high quality prints of larger size?
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Norm Strong

> Glue and Staples. What the hell is wrong with you?

Randall Ainsworth

> I've looked through all the ink jet printers at Office Max, Office
> Depot, etc., and non of them make anything wider than 8 1/2". How do
> people make high quality prints of larger size?

A professional lab?

Arthur Small

I use http://bigphotohelp.com/