Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Hewlett Packard S20: "Calibration Map"

Hewlett Packard S20: "Calibration Map"

Larry R Harrison Jr

Someone is selling a Hewlett Packard S20 scanner. Not the best I know--I'd
love a Minolta DImage Scan III--but the HP is plenty for what I do.

Anyway, the description says it needs a "calibration map." Now I know about
calibration, period--that is, using the 5x7 card or a 5x7 sheet of paper to
do the calibration--but is a "calibration map" something different, or that
exact same thing?

LRH

daytripper

On Sun, 1 Feb 2004 22:10:24 -0700, "Larry R Harrison Jr" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Someone is selling a Hewlett Packard S20 scanner. Not the best I know--I'd
>love a Minolta DImage Scan III--but the HP is plenty for what I do.
>
>Anyway, the description says it needs a "calibration map." Now I know about
>calibration, period--that is, using the 5x7 card or a 5x7 sheet of paper to
>do the calibration--but is a "calibration map" something different, or that
>exact same thing?

It's the same thing - though the S20 firmware may be tuned to use their glossy
black-on-white card...