Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Used Sigma SD-9 body

Used Sigma SD-9 body

Mike Tuthill

Seeing as I already have an SA lens collection I'm interested in a
SD-9 body. The "new" price is still a little steep so I'm interested
in seeing if I can pick up a used body. Does anyone know of an online
shop that would have such an animal?

Thanks.

Gary Eickmeier

Mike Tuthill wrote:
> Seeing as I already have an SA lens collection I'm interested in a
> SD-9 body. The "new" price is still a little steep so I'm interested
> in seeing if I can pick up a used body. Does anyone know of an online
> shop that would have such an animal?

There's a guy on this group named George Preddy trying to get rid of his.

Gary Eickmeier

Steven M. Scharf

"Mike Tuthill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Seeing as I already have an SA lens collection I'm interested in a
> SD-9 body. The "new" price is still a little steep so I'm interested
> in seeing if I can pick up a used body. Does anyone know of an online
> shop that would have such an animal?
>
> Thanks.

The SD-9 is a very poor camera. The SD-10 is still not great, but it
corrects many of the flaws of the SD-9. In short, don't waste your money on
an SD-9. Sigma was virtually giving them away.

George Preddy

"Steven M. Scharf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news_jTb.8224$(E-Mail Removed) nk.net...

> "Mike Tuthill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Seeing as I already have an SA lens collection I'm interested in a
> > SD-9 body. The "new" price is still a little steep so I'm interested
> > in seeing if I can pick up a used body. Does anyone know of an online
> > shop that would have such an animal?

They are very hard to find used. But at the $629 mark new for a 10.3MP pro
bodied DSLR, going used seems a little hard to justify...

http://www.digitalliquidators.com/detail.asp?id=sgsd9

I've never ordered from them, but I know one person who bought an SD9 there
with no problems.

> > Thanks.

> The SD-9 is a very poor camera. The SD-10 is still not great, but it
> corrects many of the flaws of the SD-9. In short, don't waste your money

on
> an SD-9. Sigma was virtually giving them away.

The 10.3MP SD9 (14MP-interpolated) is the best DSLR made, nothing comes
close to its medium format film quality non-interpolated output. In fact,
no other digital camera can even produce a non-interpolated true photograph.
Film is the only other option.

The SD9 is arguably better than the SD10, but that all depends on what you
value most. The 14MP-interpolated Kodak 14n has massive artifacting
problems, and the $8000 Canon 1Ds is too low res in full color at only
2.76MP.

CBM

Just goes to show that they are going for more on ebay. Fools.

"George Preddy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bvkg9l$17o$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Steven M. Scharf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news_jTb.8224$(E-Mail Removed) nk.net...
> >
> > "Mike Tuthill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Seeing as I already have an SA lens collection I'm interested in a
> > > SD-9 body. The "new" price is still a little steep so I'm interested
> > > in seeing if I can pick up a used body. Does anyone know of an online
> > > shop that would have such an animal?

> They are very hard to find used. But at the $629 mark new for a 10.3MP

pro
> bodied DSLR, going used seems a little hard to justify...
>
> http://www.digitalliquidators.com/detail.asp?id=sgsd9
>
> I've never ordered from them, but I know one person who bought an SD9

there
> with no problems.
>
> > > Thanks.

> > The SD-9 is a very poor camera. The SD-10 is still not great, but it
> > corrects many of the flaws of the SD-9. In short, don't waste your money

> on
> > an SD-9. Sigma was virtually giving them away.

> The 10.3MP SD9 (14MP-interpolated) is the best DSLR made, nothing comes
> close to its medium format film quality non-interpolated output. In

fact,
> no other digital camera can even produce a non-interpolated true

photograph.
> Film is the only other option.
>
> The SD9 is arguably better than the SD10, but that all depends on what you
> value most. The 14MP-interpolated Kodak 14n has massive artifacting
> problems, and the $8000 Canon 1Ds is too low res in full color at only
> 2.76MP.

CBM

Just checked out some of their prices, and canon is holding its price no
drop.
The SD9 is only 30 bucks higher than a Minolta A1
Hummm, might go with the A1.

"George Preddy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bvkg9l$17o$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Steven M. Scharf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news_jTb.8224$(E-Mail Removed) nk.net...
> >
> > "Mike Tuthill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Seeing as I already have an SA lens collection I'm interested in a
> > > SD-9 body. The "new" price is still a little steep so I'm interested
> > > in seeing if I can pick up a used body. Does anyone know of an online
> > > shop that would have such an animal?

> They are very hard to find used. But at the $629 mark new for a 10.3MP

pro
> bodied DSLR, going used seems a little hard to justify...
>
> http://www.digitalliquidators.com/detail.asp?id=sgsd9
>
> I've never ordered from them, but I know one person who bought an SD9

there
> with no problems.
>
> > > Thanks.

> > The SD-9 is a very poor camera. The SD-10 is still not great, but it
> > corrects many of the flaws of the SD-9. In short, don't waste your money

> on
> > an SD-9. Sigma was virtually giving them away.

> The 10.3MP SD9 (14MP-interpolated) is the best DSLR made, nothing comes
> close to its medium format film quality non-interpolated output. In

fact,
> no other digital camera can even produce a non-interpolated true

photograph.
> Film is the only other option.
>
> The SD9 is arguably better than the SD10, but that all depends on what you
> value most. The 14MP-interpolated Kodak 14n has massive artifacting
> problems, and the $8000 Canon 1Ds is too low res in full color at only
> 2.76MP.

George Preddy

"CBM" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> The SD9 is only 30 bucks higher than a Minolta A1
> Hummm, might go with the A1.

Good one.

Lionel

Kibo informs me that "George Preddy" <(E-Mail Removed)> stated
that:

>"Steven M. Scharf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news_jTb.8224$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...
>>
>> "Mike Tuthill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Seeing as I already have an SA lens collection I'm interested in a
>> > SD-9 body. The "new" price is still a little steep so I'm interested
>> > in seeing if I can pick up a used body. Does anyone know of an online
>> > shop that would have such an animal?

>They are very hard to find used. But at the $629 mark new for a 10.3MP pro
>bodied DSLR, going used seems a little hard to justify...
>
>http://www.digitalliquidators.com/detail.asp?id=sgsd9

Heh. Half the price of the 10D, & Sigma still can't get rid of them.
Crappy though the SD9 colour is, at that throwaway price you'd think
that people would be willing to take a chance on them. I guess that even
the most unfussy types don't think 3.4 megapixels is worth bothering
with.

>The SD9 is arguably better than the SD10, but that all depends on what you
>value most. The 14MP-interpolated Kodak 14n has massive artifacting
>problems, and the $8000 Canon 1Ds is too low res in full color at only
>2.76MP.

From the same website you just quoted above:
"Canon*EOS-1DS, 11.1 Megapixel SLR Digital Camera"

Steven M. Scharf

"Mike Tuthill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Seeing as I already have an SA lens collection I'm interested in a
> SD-9 body. The "new" price is still a little steep so I'm interested
> in seeing if I can pick up a used body. Does anyone know of an online
> shop that would have such an animal?

One more thing. Don't let an existing lens collection force a bad buying
decision. You're better off starting over with a Canon Digital Rebel or 10D,
and building up a new lens collection. The Sigma lenses are nothing to write
home about.All the experts agree that the Sigma digital SLRs should be
avoided due to their poor quality images. The Canon D-SLRs are acknowledges
as the best amateur and prosumer digital SLRs on the market. This may change
with new introductions by other manufacturers, but it's safe to say that
Sigma's offerings will remain the worst choice you can make.

The SD9 was discontinued for a very good reason!

Bill

Acknowledged by???

Bill

news:FNuTb.9233$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...