Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Sony cybershot - Clip Motion and Multi-Burst file playback on computer

Sony cybershot - Clip Motion and Multi-Burst file playback on computer

cman

Hi all,

I have some Clip Motion animated GIF files and Multi-Burst JPG files
created with a Sony cybershot digital camera. These files play fine
as animations when I review them on my camera, however, once I
download them to my computer, they no longer play as animations and
instead appear as single pictures. How can I play these back properly
(i.e. as animations) once I download them on my computer?

Thx,
Colin

Brian Sheldon

"cman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> I have some Clip Motion animated GIF files and Multi-Burst JPG files
> created with a Sony cybershot digital camera. These files play fine
> as animations when I review them on my camera, however, once I
> download them to my computer, they no longer play as animations and
> instead appear as single pictures. How can I play these back properly
> (i.e. as animations) once I download them on my computer?

Only a newbie myself to sony cybershot but fairly clued up on PC's. The
multi burst jpg's just produces you a series of images, they won't playback
as an animation unless you use some software to put them together as a
slideshow - nor can I find (on my P10) a way of animating the multi bursts
on the camera.

The animated gif has to be viewed on the PC with the right software. Most
image editors would just show the first frame, try opening the gif file in
Internet Explorer though, that should show the animation.

Craig Bailey

If all your images from the camera are encoded into a single GIF upon upload
to computer, then just open it in internet explorer or PaintShop Pro's GIF
animator.
If you use Paintshop Pro then you can edit the images, add new images, make
transitions, etc.

If the images are uploaded from your camera as single GIFS, then you can use
Paintshop Pro to assemble them - just import them into the GIF animator in
sequence and you can then save the assembled "film strip".
Keep in mind that unless you downsize the frames, your resultant animated
GIF is likely to be hefty in size.

hope this helps,
Craig.

"cman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hi all,
>
> I have some Clip Motion animated GIF files and Multi-Burst JPG files
> created with a Sony cybershot digital camera. These files play fine
> as animations when I review them on my camera, however, once I
> download them to my computer, they no longer play as animations and
> instead appear as single pictures. How can I play these back properly
> (i.e. as animations) once I download them on my computer?
>
> Thx,
> Colin

Frans van Workum Frans van Workum is offline
Junior Member
Location: Voorburg

Go to www.fvworkum.nl/download and load the animator.zip to your PC. It will make animated gifs from your multiburst picture.

cheers

bockfu bockfu is offline
Junior Member

Hello ---

I ran into the same problem so I wrote an application to automatically crop the images into seperate files. You still have to use a seperate application to do the animation.
http://www.chickenbit.com/chicken-crop

If someone knows the details of how I can automate the creation of an animated GIF with JAVA, let me know.

-bockfu

biogesic biogesic is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bockfu
Hello ---

I ran into the same problem so I wrote an application to automatically crop the images into seperate files. You still have to use a seperate application to do the animation.
http://www.chickenbit.com/chicken-crop

If someone knows the details of how I can automate the creation of an animated GIF with JAVA, let me know.

-bockfu
ur application was very helpful! thank you!!

mo-no mo-no is offline
Junior Member

Hi, it can be done with the gimp and a simple script, take a look at: mo-no-e.blogspot.com/2009/10/convert-multi-burst-photos-into.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by cman
Hi all,

I have some Clip Motion animated GIF files and Multi-Burst JPG files
created with a Sony cybershot digital camera. These files play fine
as animations when I review them on my camera, however, once I
download them to my computer, they no longer play as animations and
instead appear as single pictures. How can I play these back properly
(i.e. as animations) once I download them on my computer?

Thx,
Colin

shadabad shadabad is offline
Junior Member

The new Sony Picture Motion browser (vesion 5.3) can view the burst photos and conver them to HTML (Javascript) and GIF Animations.

http://www.sony-asia.com/microsite/p...otion-browser/