Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Wireless picture sending

Wireless picture sending

Matt Ziebarth

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if this is possible. (always a good line isn't it....)

I have seen Compact Flash to Serial (RS-232) adaptors. (to connect PDA's etc
to serial devices). Can this be used to connect a Digital Camera direcly to
a PC transfer a picture to a PC. The camera would think it is writing to the
card but the adaptor would simply be sending the info down the serial
interface.
Then theorectically, wireless RS-232 modules could be used to remote, and
wirelessly, transfer the picture to the PC.

So have i completely lost the plot with this? would the camera be fooled by
such a device or wouldn't it work?

Comments? are there other ways of wirelessly seeing picture on a PC?

Thanks

Matt