Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Sony DSC-F717 laser focus off center?

Sony DSC-F717 laser focus off center?

joe_reed

I got my wife the Sony F717 for xmas and we took a ton of photos and
we both love it BUT.....tonight, I was snapping some pics and noticed
that the laser "grid focus" thingy was not centered....especially for
objects more than like 2 feet out. For CLOSE up work, it appears dead
on. Is this normal? I could have sworn it was ALWAYS dead center when
shooting a pic of something like 10 feet a way. Tonight, I was
snapping some pics of my daughter and even though she was framed in
the center of the LCD, the laser grid was shifted a little to the
right. Does it need serviced or I wonder if it's ALWAYS been like that
and I just never paid attention? FYI, I have the photo mode set to the
'auto' one.

Pier

On 28 Jan 2004 19:07:35 -0800, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (joe_reed)
wrote:

>I got my wife the Sony F717 for xmas and we took a ton of photos and
>we both love it BUT.....tonight, I was snapping some pics and noticed
>that the laser "grid focus" thingy was not centered....especially for
>objects more than like 2 feet out. For CLOSE up work, it appears dead
>on. Is this normal? I could have sworn it was ALWAYS dead center when
>shooting a pic of something like 10 feet a way. Tonight, I was
>snapping some pics of my daughter and even though she was framed in
>the center of the LCD, the laser grid was shifted a little to the
>right. Does it need serviced or I wonder if it's ALWAYS been like that
>and I just never paid attention? FYI, I have the photo mode set to the
>'auto' one.

all is ok, it's same for all 717!

Pier
--