Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Nikon D70 vs D100 ,300D, 10D

Nikon D70 vs D100 ,300D, 10D

Jim Waggener

Seems the D70 has higher specs than the D100.
Blows the Canon 300D and 10D out of the water.
Also blows the Nikon D100 out of the water as well.

Ain't progress great?

Charlie Self

Jim Waggener writes:

>Seems the D70 has higher specs than the D100.
>Blows the Canon 300D and 10D out of the water.
>Also blows the Nikon D100 out of the water as well.
>
>Ain't progress great?

Yeah. Maybe I can afford a D100 when (if?) the D70 actually makes it out and
fulfills all the expectations.

Charlie Self
"To create man was a quaint and original idea, but to add the sheep was
tautology." Mark Twain's Notebook

http://hometown.aol.com/charliediy/m.../business.html

Raphael Bustin

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 20:09:03 -0500, "Jim Waggener" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Seems the D70 has higher specs than the D100.
>Blows the Canon 300D and 10D out of the water.
>Also blows the Nikon D100 out of the water as well.
>
>Ain't progress great?

Can you point me at the reviews or specs that show
the improvements in the D100 vs. the 10D?

Still 6 Mpixels, still 1.5x focal length multiplier.

A bit faster, perhaps, than the Canons. So what?

rafe b.
http://www.terrapinphoto.com

Brian Zinchuk

"Raphael Bustin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 20:09:03 -0500, "Jim Waggener" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >Seems the D70 has higher specs than the D100.
> >Blows the Canon 300D and 10D out of the water.
> >Also blows the Nikon D100 out of the water as well.
> >
> >Ain't progress great?

> Can you point me at the reviews or specs that show
> the improvements in the D100 vs. the 10D?
>
> Still 6 Mpixels, still 1.5x focal length multiplier.
>
> A bit faster, perhaps, than the Canons. So what?

I spent a month putting together a proposal for my newspaper to buy a couple
canon digital rebels, (they're cheap, it was the most I could hope for.)
We're still waiting for the response. I told my editor what the specs were
for the D70 - 144 shots in a row, 3 fps, and pretty much every capability of
my S2 Pro, and he was salivating. If we get money approval, it's Nikon all
the way.

Zinchuk

Paolo Pizzi

Brian Zinchuk wrote:

> I spent a month putting together a proposal for my newspaper to buy a
> couple canon digital rebels, (they're cheap, it was the most I could
> hope for.) We're still waiting for the response. I told my editor
> what the specs were for the D70 - 144 shots in a row, 3 fps, and
> pretty much every capability of my S2 Pro, and he was salivating. If
> we get money approval, it's Nikon all the way.

Spadaro is going to get a heart attack...

Charlie Self

Brian Zinchuk writes:
>> Can you point me at the reviews or specs that show
>> the improvements in the D100 vs. the 10D?
>>
>> Still 6 Mpixels, still 1.5x focal length multiplier.
>>
>> A bit faster, perhaps, than the Canons. So what?
>>

>I spent a month putting together a proposal for my newspaper to buy a couple
>canon digital rebels, (they're cheap, it was the most I could hope for.)
>We're still waiting for the response. I told my editor what the specs were
>for the D70 - 144 shots in a row, 3 fps, and pretty much every capability of
>my S2 Pro, and he was salivating. If we get money approval, it's Nikon all
>the way.

Where are you if it takes Nikon 6 or 8 months to get the cameras to market in
large enough numbers for you to get a couple?

Charlie Self
"To create man was a quaint and original idea, but to add the sheep was
tautology." Mark Twain's Notebook

http://hometown.aol.com/charliediy/m.../business.html

Colm

Yeah. Now if you could learn a) What your DSLR is for, and b) How to use
it..., that would be real progress.

--
Colm

Ref: "If you want great pics ...don't buy a DSLR" 26th Jan 2004

"Jim Waggener" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Seems the D70 has higher specs than the D100.
> Blows the Canon 300D and 10D out of the water.
> Also blows the Nikon D100 out of the water as well.
>
> Ain't progress great?

Jim Waggener

"Colm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bvanq9$q3t80$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> Yeah. Now if you could learn a) What your DSLR is for, and b) How to use
> it..., that would be real progress.
>
> --
> Colm

Yup, I'm learning. As long I keep the thing off "P" mode I get much better
shots.
I'm not so grumpy anymore

Bart van der Wolf

"Brian Zinchuk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
SNIP
> I spent a month putting together a proposal for my newspaper to
> buy a couple canon digital rebels, (they're cheap, it was the most
> I could hope for.) We're still waiting for the response. I told my
> editor what the specs were for the D70 - 144 shots in a row, 3
> fps, and pretty much every capability of my S2 Pro, and he was
> salivating. If we get money approval, it's Nikon all the way.

If I were you, I'd want to see:
a. A unit that is actually on the market, instead of an announcement
b. Several independent tests that show the specs delivering to promise
c. Durability in the field (3 fps in the rain or snow?), battery life, etc.

Bart

Brian Zinchuk

> Where are you if it takes Nikon 6 or 8 months to get the cameras to market
in
> large enough numbers for you to get a couple?

We'll just see what happens, I guess. Someone, somewhere, obviously will be
selling them.

Zinchuk