Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Picture storage capacities

Picture storage capacities

Vic R

I have a CX 6330 kodak camera with a 16 mb internal storage. External
storage is available with a MMC/SD memory card.. Does any one have a
chart of some kind which shows the number of pics that can be stored
with various qualities,ie Very fine,Fine , good etc., depending on the
MB rating of the card ie: 64 MB

Marvin Margoshes

"Vic R" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a CX 6330 kodak camera with a 16 mb internal storage. External
> storage is available with a MMC/SD memory card.. Does any one have a
> chart of some kind which shows the number of pics that can be stored
> with various qualities,ie Very fine,Fine , good etc., depending on the
> MB rating of the card ie: 64 MB

The manual for my Olympus camera has a table with this information. Have
you checked the the kodak manual?

Also, when I put a blank card in my Oly, the estimated number of pictures I
can take at the current setting shows on the LCD.

Ron Hunter

Marvin Margoshes wrote:

> "Vic R" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>I have a CX 6330 kodak camera with a 16 mb internal storage. External
>>storage is available with a MMC/SD memory card.. Does any one have a
>>chart of some kind which shows the number of pics that can be stored
>>with various qualities,ie Very fine,Fine , good etc., depending on the
>>MB rating of the card ie: 64 MB
>>

> The manual for my Olympus camera has a table with this information. Have
> you checked the the kodak manual?
>
> Also, when I put a blank card in my Oly, the estimated number of pictures I
> can take at the current setting shows on the LCD.

I am sure it does on the 6330 as well (my old DE3600 does), but I
believe he doesn't yet have a card but is trying to figure out what he
needs as to size.

To answer the unasked question, for a 3 mp camera, I would not buy
anything smaller than 128 meg, and always shoot at the highest
resolution, and lowest compression.

Vic R

Thank you for the response. It is correct I have'nt purchased a card yet
and trying to determine my needs. Yhank you all Vi
Since my post I have recieved an E Mail with the info I needed ..All
okay