Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Best Output Device

Best Output Device

I was mildy surprised nobody expressed a preference as to their
preferred output device.

Lets pose a choice then:

would you prefer your prints made on a kodak minlab srp 30 or a Fuji
Frontier?

Or perhaps there is some other printer?
(I wonder when Epson will bring out their next top of the line home
photo printer...)

On a completely unrelated issue, I like to bring a compass with me so
that i know where the sun will be rising and setting.

Michael Meissner

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (n) writes:

> I was mildy surprised nobody expressed a preference as to their
> preferred output device.
>
> Lets pose a choice then:
>
> would you prefer your prints made on a kodak minlab srp 30 or a Fuji
> Frontier?

No question about it, I would choose the Fuji Frontier. In fact I drive a
further distance to use a Fuji machine, passing the Kodak and Polaroid machines
that the closest drug store has. I can't stand the coolish Kodak colors, and
much prefer the warmer Fuji colors, and I've had this preference since I was
shooting film in the 1970's.

--
Michael Meissner
email: (E-Mail Removed)

Michael Meissner <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)-meissners.org>...
> (E-Mail Removed) (n) writes:
>
> > I was mildy surprised nobody expressed a preference as to their
> > preferred output device.
> >
> > Lets pose a choice then:
> >
> > would you prefer your prints made on a kodak minlab srp 30 or a Fuji
> > Frontier?

> No question about it, I would choose the Fuji Frontier. In fact I drive a
> further distance to use a Fuji machine, passing the Kodak and Polaroid machines
> that the closest drug store has. I can't stand the coolish Kodak colors, and
> much prefer the warmer Fuji colors, and I've had this preference since I was
> shooting film in the 1970's.

Doesn't everybody usually say that *Kodak* has the warmer colours,
*Fuji* the cooler ones?

Michael Meissner

(E-Mail Removed) (n) writes:

> Michael Meissner <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)-meissners.org>...
> > (E-Mail Removed) (n) writes:
> >
> > > I was mildy surprised nobody expressed a preference as to their
> > > preferred output device.
> > >
> > > Lets pose a choice then:
> > >
> > > would you prefer your prints made on a kodak minlab srp 30 or a Fuji
> > > Frontier?

> > No question about it, I would choose the Fuji Frontier. In fact I drive a
> > further distance to use a Fuji machine, passing the Kodak and Polaroid machines
> > that the closest drug store has. I can't stand the coolish Kodak colors, and
> > much prefer the warmer Fuji colors, and I've had this preference since I was
> > shooting film in the 1970's.

> Doesn't everybody usually say that *Kodak* has the warmer colours,
> *Fuji* the cooler ones?

I dunno, maybe I have the terms backwards. In any case, I like Fuji colors.

--
Michael Meissner
email: (E-Mail Removed)