Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > unable to get GMP and Perl working...

unable to get GMP and Perl working...

Jasper

Hello,

I am truly stuck after several failed attempts on Win XP ..can anyone
please assist here.

I was told "activestate perl is compiled by MS visual c++, it cannot
use library files compiled under cygwin. you can either use perl in
cygwin with our cygwin version gmp library in that webpage, or use
activestate perl with our gmp library which is also compiled using MS
visuall C++ (the information can be found in the same page:
http://www.cs.nyu.edu/exact/core/gmp/index.html"

So I uninstalled everyting, reininstalled Cygwin with MAke, Perl, etc.
etc..followed the instructions, ran a program that read "use GMP;" and
get:

Can't locate loadable object for module GMP in @INC (@INC contains:
/usr/lib/per
l5/5.8.2/cygwin-thread-multi-64int /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.2
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl
/5.8.2/cygwin-thread-multi-64int /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.2
/usr/lib/perl5/s
ite_perl .) at nada.txt line 1
Compilation failed in require at nada.txt line 1.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at nada.txt line 1.

I even copied cyggmp-3.dll into several directories, and gmp.pm from
the GNU MP download - that didnt help either. What can I do ? PLEASE
HELP I JUST WANT TO GET GMP RUNNING WITH PERL... I do not have visual
C++