Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > I want to show you guys a couple of pictures

I want to show you guys a couple of pictures

Straycat

Is there a place I can upload a couple of pictures that I want you guys to
see?
They don't have to stay there forever...
I have them posted on NikonNet, but you need an account to see them... : >[
I am not very computer savvy, so please excuse this dumb question
Any ideas

Malcolm

Try the group alt.binaries.photos.original. Then, post a link here telling
us what the Subject is. This assumes that the pictures are ones you have
taken.

Alternatively, you could use Webshots or one of the other "free" picture
posting websites.

Malcolm

"Straycat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:VmFRb.10621$(E-Mail Removed) m...
> Is there a place I can upload a couple of pictures that I want you guys to
> see?
> They don't have to stay there forever...
> I have them posted on NikonNet, but you need an account to see them... :
>[
> I am not very computer savvy, so please excuse this dumb question
> Any ideas

Mark Herring

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 02:45:09 GMT, "Straycat"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Is there a place I can upload a couple of pictures that I want you guys to
>see?
>They don't have to stay there forever...
>I have them posted on NikonNet, but you need an account to see them... : >[
>I am not very computer savvy, so please excuse this dumb question
>Any ideas

two good sites---both free at the beginning:

pbase
photo.net
**************************
Mark Herring, Pasadena, Calif.
Private e-mail: Just say no to "No".

Paul Bartram

"Straycat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:VmFRb.10621$(E-Mail Removed) m...
> Is there a place I can upload a couple of pictures that I want you guys to
> see?
> They don't have to stay there forever...
> I have them posted on NikonNet, but you need an account to see them... :
>[
> I am not very computer savvy, so please excuse this dumb question
> Any ideas

Or, just sign up with any of the free hosts (Tripod is my favourite) and
create an HTML page with thumbnails that act as links to the full size
pictures. Post the page address here and people can go straight to them.

[Note that most free web hosts will not let you link directly to an image
file from outside their system - this is because then the visitor will not
see the advertising banners / popups they ad to pay for the service - so you
must go through that HTML business. It's quite easy if you have a suitable
editor on board.]

Paul

Donald Gray

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 17:00:00 +1000, "Paul Bartram" <p.bartramAT OR
NEARoptusnet.com.au> wrote:

[]
>Or, just sign up with any of the free hosts (Tripod is my favourite) and
>create an HTML page with thumbnails that act as links to the full size
>pictures.

[]

Caution: I have a colleague who had a website lodged with Tripod.
There were problems with the page he asked me to look into.

Apart from pop-ups, there was coding in the html that indicated
iframes were loading (Invisibly, if i remember) and that the page was
classified as 'Of a sexual nature' There was also another bit of
javasript that looked odd, so I did a Google Search for that script.
Up popped a multitude of Tripod sites all with the same script, all
seem to have the same classification.

None of those sites were in fact 'of a sexual nature'

Suggestion: go to a Tripod site, then click on your browser's
'View/Source' and scroll down... even if you don't understand the
gobbly-gook of html, you will understand the phrase similar to 'of a
sexual nature'

Certainly made me cautious (after being taught to be so...)

That said, many folk I guess, are pleased with Tripod.

--
Donald Gray
www.odcombe.demon.co.uk