Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > my GL-1 shuts off automatically

my GL-1 shuts off automatically

SpamProof

Does any know how to prevent this camerea from shutting off on it's own?

Thank you in advance.

7078895

/ra

Pete D

Ummm, go into the menu and tell it not too. When does it shut off?

"SpamProof" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
: Does any know how to prevent this camerea from shutting off on it's own?
:
: Thank you in advance.
:
: 7078895
:
: /ra

Marten

> Does any know how to prevent this camerea from shutting off on it's own?

Press "MENU"
Cursor right to "Set up"
Cursor down 4 spots to "Auto Power Down"
Make your selection

Pretty simple to figure this out yourself.

Marten

SpamProof

Actually, my menu is different. My camera is the GL-1 & there are 2
menus.

the first is displayed when the camera is set to VCR. options include:

-DUB MODE
-WL Remote
-Rec Mode
-Data code
-D/Time
-Displays
-6sec. date
-output ch
-audio ch
-wind screen
--mic att
-line att
-audio mode
-beep

the second is displayed when set to CAMERA. options include:

-ZEBRA
-D. Effect
-D. Zoom
-Zoom-handle
-AE Shift
-16:9
-C. Sharpnesss
-C. Phase
-Wl. Remote
-Tally Lamp
-Rec Mode
-Wind Screen
-Mic Att
-Audio Mode
-Beep
-Mirro
-TV Screen
-Demo Mode
-D/T Display
-T.Zone
-D/Time Set

Niether of these options, from what i can see, allow me to turn off
the automatic shut off feature. I'm wondering if it's something that I
can control in the GL-1?

Anyone know or has a GL-1 that was able to prevent it from shutting
off by itself?

-reynald

"Marten" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<BKIRb.33851$oj2.9815@edtnps89>...
> > Does any know how to prevent this camerea from shutting off on it's own?

> Press "MENU"
> Cursor right to "Set up"
> Cursor down 4 spots to "Auto Power Down"
> Make your selection
>
> Pretty simple to figure this out yourself.
>
> Marten

Mike Fields

I didn't see the original post, but with the Sony camcorders,
if you remove the tape, it will stay on in camera mode.
With the tape in (in stop mode), it will power down after
5 minutes or so. Hope that helps.

--
Mike "mikey" Fields
http://home.comcast.net/~mike.fields/

Linux users brag on how long their system stays up,
Window users assume it's a temporary condition ...

"SpamProof" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Actually, my menu is different. My camera is the GL-1 & there are 2
> menus.
>
> the first is displayed when the camera is set to VCR. options include:
>
> -DUB MODE
> -WL Remote
> -Rec Mode
> -Data code
> -D/Time
> -Displays
> -6sec. date
> -output ch
> -audio ch
> -wind screen
> --mic att
> -line att
> -audio mode
> -beep
>
> the second is displayed when set to CAMERA. options include:
>
> -ZEBRA
> -D. Effect
> -D. Zoom
> -Zoom-handle
> -AE Shift
> -16:9
> -C. Sharpnesss
> -C. Phase
> -Wl. Remote
> -Tally Lamp
> -Rec Mode
> -Wind Screen
> -Mic Att
> -Audio Mode
> -Beep
> -Mirro
> -TV Screen
> -Demo Mode
> -D/T Display
> -T.Zone
> -D/Time Set
>
> Niether of these options, from what i can see, allow me to turn off
> the automatic shut off feature. I'm wondering if it's something that I
> can control in the GL-1?
>
> Anyone know or has a GL-1 that was able to prevent it from shutting
> off by itself?
>
> -reynald
>
> "Marten" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> > > Does any know how to prevent this camerea from shutting off on it's

own?

> > Press "MENU"
> > Cursor right to "Set up"
> > Cursor down 4 spots to "Auto Power Down"
> > Make your selection
> >
> > Pretty simple to figure this out yourself.
> >
> > Marten

Marten

You have your video camera question cross posted to a digital camera group.
I read the question as a G1 not a GL-1. Sorry, can't help you with that one.

Marten

> Actually, my menu is different. My camera is the GL-1 & there are 2
> menus.

randman@nospam.com

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 16:33:37 GMT, "Marten" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>You have your video camera question cross posted to a digital camera group.
>I read the question as a G1 not a GL-1. Sorry, can't help you with that one.
>
>Marten
>
>> Actually, my menu is different. My camera is the GL-1 & there are 2
>> menus.

I don't believe there is a way to keep the GL1 from powering down.
What we do is flip the lock switch when we aren't shooting, so it's
not an entire power up each time. Otherwise, it will shut down
automatically.

A real pain when setting up shots and lighting, but we get used to it.

matt hedt

Remove tape - in camera mode it will stay on without a tape in.

-Matt

"SpamProof" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Does any know how to prevent this camerea from shutting off on it's own?
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> 7078895
>
> /ra

Philip Scoggins

There is no way to cut off the auto shut off on the GL-1 (I tried very hard
to get mine to stop). That was one of the marketing features for the GL-2,
you can turn it off, also the GL-2 has time lapse (Man I wish I could afford
2 cameras)

Philip

"SpamProof" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Actually, my menu is different. My camera is the GL-1 & there are 2
> menus.
>
> the first is displayed when the camera is set to VCR. options include:
>
> -DUB MODE
> -WL Remote
> -Rec Mode
> -Data code
> -D/Time
> -Displays
> -6sec. date
> -output ch
> -audio ch
> -wind screen
> --mic att
> -line att
> -audio mode
> -beep
>
> the second is displayed when set to CAMERA. options include:
>
> -ZEBRA
> -D. Effect
> -D. Zoom
> -Zoom-handle
> -AE Shift
> -16:9
> -C. Sharpnesss
> -C. Phase
> -Wl. Remote
> -Tally Lamp
> -Rec Mode
> -Wind Screen
> -Mic Att
> -Audio Mode
> -Beep
> -Mirro
> -TV Screen
> -Demo Mode
> -D/T Display
> -T.Zone
> -D/Time Set
>
> Niether of these options, from what i can see, allow me to turn off
> the automatic shut off feature. I'm wondering if it's something that I
> can control in the GL-1?
>
> Anyone know or has a GL-1 that was able to prevent it from shutting
> off by itself?
>
> -reynald
>
> "Marten" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> > > Does any know how to prevent this camerea from shutting off on it's

own?

> > Press "MENU"
> > Cursor right to "Set up"
> > Cursor down 4 spots to "Auto Power Down"
> > Make your selection
> >
> > Pretty simple to figure this out yourself.
> >
> > Marten

Computer SHUTS DOWN automatically Sameer Computer Support 4 04-09-2007 03:37 PM
PC shuts off? Omni Computer Support 4 09-12-2004 06:22 PM
on start computer shuts off after 2 seconds Sparky Computer Support 1 01-10-2004 09:50 PM
New mobo, shuts off after a couple of seconds Berk Werx Computer Support 7 11-24-2003 10:54 PM
USB Printer Command shuts off PC SR Computer Support 0 11-11-2003 04:35 AM

Advertisments