Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Canon 1D mark II

Canon 1D mark II

William Wallace

http://www.cci.canon.fr/produit.php?prod_id=496

8.5 MP / 1.3x FOV / 8.5 fps (buffered up to 40 frames)...

http://grubbel.com/~magnus/eos/ (Captured .pdfs from above site)

steve

What is the list price?!??!?!

drooling slightly,

steve

William Wallace wrote:
> http://www.cci.canon.fr/produit.php?prod_id=496
>
> 8.5 MP / 1.3x FOV / 8.5 fps (buffered up to 40 frames)...
>
> http://grubbel.com/~magnus/eos/ (Captured .pdfs from above site)

Hugo Drax

"William Wallace" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> http://www.cci.canon.fr/produit.php?prod_id=496
>
> 8.5 MP / 1.3x FOV / 8.5 fps (buffered up to 40 frames)...
>
> http://grubbel.com/~magnus/eos/ (Captured .pdfs from above site)

Nikon is going to be in trouble.

I heard the street price will be in the 3000-4000 range.

steve

Ack!

For that price it better come with a 28-70mm f/2.8L (laughing)

steve

Hugo Drax wrote:

> "William Wallace" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
>
>>http://www.cci.canon.fr/produit.php?prod_id=496
>>
>>8.5 MP / 1.3x FOV / 8.5 fps (buffered up to 40 frames)...
>>
>>http://grubbel.com/~magnus/eos/ (Captured .pdfs from above site)

> Nikon is going to be in trouble.
>
> I heard the street price will be in the 3000-4000 range.

B.o.w.s.e.r

If those specs and prices are correct, Nikon is in huge trouble. Once again,
they've been leapfrogged, and will take years to catch up.

"Hugo Drax" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bv62ul$onf8g$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...

> "William Wallace" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > http://www.cci.canon.fr/produit.php?prod_id=496
> >
> > 8.5 MP / 1.3x FOV / 8.5 fps (buffered up to 40 frames)...
> >
> > http://grubbel.com/~magnus/eos/ (Captured .pdfs from above site)

> Nikon is going to be in trouble.
>
> I heard the street price will be in the 3000-4000 range.

Mattearoadie

is this a new body that is out? I am not able to see the site

AArDvarK

Anyone know if there is a translator proggy for pdf files??
Alex

"William Wallace" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> http://www.cci.canon.fr/produit.php?prod_id=496
>
> 8.5 MP / 1.3x FOV / 8.5 fps (buffered up to 40 frames)...
>
> http://grubbel.com/~magnus/eos/ (Captured .pdfs from above site)

REED BOXIN

>Anyone know if there is a translator proggy for pdf files??
>alex

i copy and pasted below a translated version someone posted in dpreview.
gene

The most produced: ? Sensor CMOS 8,2 Megapixels? Motorization up to 8,5
images/sec? Buffer high capacity 40 Images in JPEG? New processor DIGIC?
Balances white ultra-precise? 2 residences memory board CF and SD? Sensitivity
from 50 to 3200 ISO? New measurement flash E-TTL? Screen LCD high resolution
230 000 pixels? Compatible PictBridge and PTP Description: Again, Canon
confirms with an effectiveness and a speed d?innovation, its total engagement
in the development of its system numerical reflex camera EOS. After l?avènement
of l?EOS-300D, the numerical accessible one to general public, after the very
general-purpose EOS-10D, and the EOS-1DS with sensor full format, Canon
reconsiders the front of the scene with a new occupational numerical reflex
camera which comes logically in the place from the EOS-1D. l?EOS-1D II is not
satisfied d?être a simple substitute but on the contrary, s?affirme within this
numerical range EOS by a marked personality and by many innovations which will
allure the most demanding professionals l?EOS-1D II is a esthète smoothness
d?image thanks to a sensor CMOS of 8,2 million effective pixels for a d?image
quality of very high resolution. It s?affirme also like l?outil of infernal
rates on many plans: give rhythm of catch of sight carried uninterrupted to 8,5
im/s (8 im/s for l?EOS-1D) with a number of maximum sights per sequence of 40
sights in broad JPEG (21 for l?EOS-1D), an exceptional endurance of
l?obturator: 200 000 releases minimum (150.000 for l?EOS-1D), a port IEEE 1394
to 4 pins allowing a transfer at the speed of 100 Mo/s. It adds to it from now
on a remarkable speed of d?image treatment thanks to its processor DIGIC of new
generation and an increased speed out of matter d?écriture on the memory board.
In the field of storage, not only l?EOS-1D II accepts the supports
d?enregistrements of more than 2 Go but it in addition has 2 residences to use
2 types of memory boards (1 CF and 1 SD) of which l?enregistrement can be
simultaneous or selective. The total control of returned colors is ensured by 5
matrices with clear identification of their specificity (Standard, Portrait,
High saturation, Espace Adobe RVB, weak saturation) more 2 matrices
personnalisables and a histogram RVB which makes it possible to control the
distribution of the primary colors in l?image. L?EOS-1DII allows a new approach
as regards adjustment of balance of the white by l?integration d?un numerical
filter color which allows d?appliquer effects of corrections equivalent to
those obtained with filters DC (9 levels of correction in bleu/ambre and
magenta/vert). A new measurement flash E-TTL even more precise, with analysis
of the distance from the subject via l?optic. It offers also a comfort
increased in the phases of visualization of the recorded images: a screen of
display of 230.000 pixels for an optimal resolution in l?affichage of the
images recorded, rotation of the vertical sights automatic or manual,
possibility d?agrandissement of 1,5x with 10x on 15 levels, video exit.
Compatible Pictbridge a simple connection USB with a printer immediately allows
d?imprimer after the catch of sights the photographs carried out. Software side
File Viewer Utility profits d?un new development which increases its
performances and the possibilities offered to l?utilisator: speed of treatment
of files RAW, faster posting of the images, pallets separated for adjustments
RAW and the adjustments from tonal curves, posting of infos IPTC (infos of
telecommunications) and new function d?agrandissement d?une zone of l?image for
an accurate check of the development.

AArDvarK

Very kind ... thanks!
A.

"REED BOXIN" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >Anyone know if there is a translator proggy for pdf files??
> >alex

> i copy and pasted below a translated version someone posted in dpreview.
> gene

[snip]

Hils

>is this a new body that is out? I am not able to see the site

The documents seem genuine enough, probably inadvertently left in public
long enough to be found. The brochure gives a launch date of April.

--
Hil