Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Cannon 1Ds did not include the lens

Cannon 1Ds did not include the lens

John Llort

Okay I have a real problem with a vendor here, I ordered a cannon 1Ds and it
did not include that 24-70 2.8L pictured on cannons site If I return it I am
forced to pay 15 percent. When it arrived the body did not include this lens
and no one told me that the lens is a seperate issue and will cost me an
additional 1200 bucks, I already took out a second mortgage and cannot
squeeze an additional 1200 dollars just to get a working product just like
it is represented in the cannon site and no one told me this was a body only
configuration? IS there any recourse here since my time is limited and I
wanted to have this ready for my nieces birthday party so I can take good
professional looking pictures since my other camera is only a regular
powershot g5

lol

"John Llort" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bv49o6$oa1ve$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> Okay I have a real problem with a vendor here, I ordered a cannon 1Ds and

it
> did not include that 24-70 2.8L pictured on cannons site If I return it I

am
> forced to pay 15 percent. When it arrived the body did not include this

lens
> and no one told me that the lens is a seperate issue and will cost me an
> additional 1200 bucks, I already took out a second mortgage and cannot
> squeeze an additional 1200 dollars just to get a working product just like
> it is represented in the cannon site and no one told me this was a body

only
> configuration? IS there any recourse here since my time is limited and I
> wanted to have this ready for my nieces birthday party so I can take good
> professional looking pictures since my other camera is only a regular
> powershot g5

The DaveŠ

> John Llort wrote:
> Okay I have a real problem with a vendor here, I ordered a cannon 1Ds
> and it did not include that 24-70 2.8L pictured on cannons site If I
> return it I am forced to pay 15 percent. When it arrived the body did
> not include this lens and no one told me that the lens is a seperate
> issue and will cost me an additional 1200 bucks, I already took out a
> second mortgage and cannot squeeze an additional 1200 dollars just to
> get a working product just like it is represented in the cannon site
> and no one told me this was a body only configuration? IS there any
> recourse here since my time is limited and I wanted to have this
> ready for my nieces birthday party so I can take good professional
> looking pictures since my other camera is only a regular powershot g5

You didn't read the advertising copy well enough. I would bet that it
was mentioned somewhere. Besides, what Canon show's in their
literature is not necessarily what a store will sell, nor should the
store be expected to. Basically, you need to pay better attention.

You took a second on your home for a camera?!? Sounds like you can't
afford it to begin with.

--
The reason New Yorkers are so angry and depressed is because the light
at the end if the tunnel is New Jersey.

fake name

In article <bv49o6$oa1ve$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de>,
"John Llort" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Okay I have a real problem with a vendor here, I ordered a cannon 1Ds and it
> did not include that 24-70 2.8L pictured on cannons site If I return it I am
> forced to pay 15 percent. When it arrived the body did not include this lens
> and no one told me that the lens is a seperate issue and will cost me an
> additional 1200 bucks, I already took out a second mortgage and cannot
> squeeze an additional 1200 dollars just to get a working product just like
> it is represented in the cannon site and no one told me this was a body only
> configuration? IS there any recourse here since my time is limited and I
> wanted to have this ready for my nieces birthday party so I can take good
> professional looking pictures since my other camera is only a regular
> powershot g5

I understand how you feel. Same happened to me when I bought the car. I
saw this hot looking girl in the commercials, but once I signed the
papers and took delivery of the car, the passanger seat was empty! I
asked the dealer "where is the blonde?" and he looked at me like I was
talking Martian.

Bill Hilton

>From: "John Llort" http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

>Okay I have a real problem with a vendor here, I ordered a cannon 1Ds and it
>did not include that 24-70 2.8L pictured on cannons site

Before you guys get too excited read John's last name backwards ... I think the
joke is on you guys responding to the post!

Gregg

Freak'n TROLL
"John Llort" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bv49o6$oa1ve$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> Okay I have a real problem with a vendor here, I ordered a cannon 1Ds and

it
> did not include that 24-70 2.8L pictured on cannons site If I return it I

am
> forced to pay 15 percent. When it arrived the body did not include this

lens
> and no one told me that the lens is a seperate issue and will cost me an
> additional 1200 bucks, I already took out a second mortgage and cannot
> squeeze an additional 1200 dollars just to get a working product just like
> it is represented in the cannon site and no one told me this was a body

only
> configuration? IS there any recourse here since my time is limited and I
> wanted to have this ready for my nieces birthday party so I can take good
> professional looking pictures since my other camera is only a regular
> powershot g5

Vin

In rec.photo.equipment.35mm John Llort <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Okay I have a real problem with a vendor here, I ordered a cannon 1Ds and it
> did not include that 24-70 2.8L pictured on cannons site If I return it I am
> forced to pay 15 percent. When it arrived the body did not include this lens
> and no one told me that the lens is a seperate issue and will cost me an
> additional 1200 bucks, I already took out a second mortgage and cannot
> squeeze an additional 1200 dollars just to get a working product just like
> it is represented in the cannon site and no one told me this was a body only
> configuration? IS there any recourse here since my time is limited and I
> wanted to have this ready for my nieces birthday party so I can take good
> professional looking pictures since my other camera is only a regular
> powershot g5

Im sorry about your misunderstanding of the product catalogue.
Most pro bodies dont come with a lens. Even my D100 (not pro)
didnt come with a lens although all the product information show
it with one. There will be fine print somewhere in the catalogue
or website that say that it doesnt come with a lens.

If you really need some great results in the meantime, just get
yourself the 50/1.8. It is extremely cheap. It will probably
give you at least the same results, if not better, than the
24-70/2.8L minus the zoom plus you get over 1 extra stop in
light. (gives you a brighter viewfinder and better for
low/natural light photography).

--
Vin
Melbourne, Australia

Mark B.

"John Llort" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bv49o6$oa1ve$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> Okay I have a real problem with a vendor here, I ordered a cannon 1Ds and

it
> did not include that 24-70 2.8L pictured on cannons site If I return it I

am
> forced to pay 15 percent. When it arrived the body did not include this

lens
> and no one told me that the lens is a seperate issue and will cost me an
> additional 1200 bucks, I already took out a second mortgage and cannot
> squeeze an additional 1200 dollars just to get a working product just like
> it is represented in the cannon site and no one told me this was a body

only
> configuration? IS there any recourse here since my time is limited and I
> wanted to have this ready for my nieces birthday party so I can take good
> professional looking pictures since my other camera is only a regular
> powershot g5

Nice try.

Al Denelsbeck

"John Llort" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:bv49o6$oa1ve$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de:

> Okay I have a real problem with a vendor here, I ordered a cannon 1Ds
> and it did not include that 24-70 2.8L pictured on cannons site If I
> return it I am forced to pay 15 percent. When it arrived the body did
> not include this lens and no one told me that the lens is a seperate
> issue and will cost me an additional 1200 bucks, I already took out a
> second mortgage and cannot squeeze an additional 1200 dollars just to
> get a working product just like it is represented in the cannon site
> and no one told me this was a body only configuration? IS there any
> recourse here since my time is limited and I wanted to have this ready
> for my nieces birthday party so I can take good professional looking
> pictures since my other camera is only a regular powershot g5.

Hi Jack! We were just talking about you...

Canon upgraded this model, and it no longer needs any lenses - the
wonder of digital. The dealer did you an enormous favor by not sending an
unnecessary bit of equipment along, which would have cost you more in
shipping.

Moreover, it in now impossible to take a bad picture with any Canon
camera. This includes all previously released models like the TL as well.
Firmware upgrades.

Except the g5. That sucks more than ever...

- Al.

--
To reply, insert dash in address to match domain below
Online photo gallery at www.wading-in.net

Dave

"Bill Hilton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >From: "John Llort" (E-Mail Removed)

> >Okay I have a real problem with a vendor here, I ordered a cannon 1Ds and

it
> >did not include that 24-70 2.8L pictured on cannons site

> Before you guys get too excited read John's last name backwards ... I

think the
> joke is on you guys responding to the post!

The 'John Llort' piece was done to death over on dpreview - it's terribly
sad when a Troll can't conjure up new material.