Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > monitor calibration systems

monitor calibration systems

technician

Can anyone reccomend a good monitor calibration system?

I work in a small digital imaging firm and we're having trouble maintaining
color consistancy with our six Mac-G4 / OS10 / Mitsubishi monitor systems.
Up until now we've used an Eye One system (hardware and software), but it's
ready for replacement. What's the best?

Thanks.

PTRAVEL

"technician" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:rWgRb.28550$(E-Mail Removed) hlink.net...
> Can anyone reccomend a good monitor calibration system?
>
> I work in a small digital imaging firm and we're having trouble

maintaining
> color consistancy with our six Mac-G4 / OS10 / Mitsubishi monitor systems.
> Up until now we've used an Eye One system (hardware and software), but

it's
> ready for replacement. What's the best?
>
> Thanks.

I'm very satisfied with Spyder by Colorvision. Works great with CRT and LCD
monitors.

Gretch

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 22:56:23 +0000, technician wrote:

> Can anyone reccomend a good monitor calibration system?
>
> I work in a small digital imaging firm and we're having trouble
> maintaining color consistancy with our six Mac-G4 / OS10 / Mitsubishi
> monitor systems. Up until now we've used an Eye One system (hardware and
> software), but it's ready for replacement. What's the best?
>
> Thanks.

I, too, have Spyder. Seems to work fine. It is unfortunate that monitors
don't have an auto function whereby the user would simply reset the
monitor to perfect. Better yet, why not push for an industry-wide
standard whereby all one does it visit a website and the monitor gets
reset automatically? Makes sense to me.

Bill Hilton

> Can anyone reccomend a good monitor calibration system?
>
> I work in a small digital imaging firm and we're having trouble
> maintaining color consistancy with our six Mac-G4 / OS10 / Mitsubishi
> monitor systems. Up until now we've used an Eye One system (hardware and
> software), but it's ready for replacement. What's the best?

The three I know about (without really digging) are the Colorvision
Sypder/Optical, the Monaco and the Eye-One. I've used the Sypder for a few
years and have been happy with it.

From what I've heard (including from Apple Computer ace and digital printing
guru Bill Atkinson) the Eye-One is the best though.

KBob

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 22:56:23 GMT, "technician"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Can anyone reccomend a good monitor calibration system?
>
>I work in a small digital imaging firm and we're having trouble maintaining
>color consistancy with our six Mac-G4 / OS10 / Mitsubishi monitor systems.
>Up until now we've used an Eye One system (hardware and software), but it's
>ready for replacement. What's the best?
>
>Thanks.

I use the ColorVision SpyderPro with Optical, works fine with my LCD
also, a ViewSonic VX2000 and others.

Gretch

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 21:28:13 -0800, AT wrote:

> who sells them?

I bought mine from http://www.logix-usa.com/
Excellent service and fair pricing.

AT

who sells them?

Raphael Bustin

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 21:28:13 -0800, " AT" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

> who sells them?

BH Photo, and lots of other places.

rafe b.
http://www.terrapinphoto.com

Ray Fischer

Gretch <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> technician wrote:

>> Can anyone reccomend a good monitor calibration system?
>>
>> I work in a small digital imaging firm and we're having trouble
>> maintaining color consistancy with our six Mac-G4 / OS10 / Mitsubishi
>> monitor systems. Up until now we've used an Eye One system (hardware and
>> software), but it's ready for replacement. What's the best?

>I, too, have Spyder. Seems to work fine. It is unfortunate that monitors
>don't have an auto function whereby the user would simply reset the
>monitor to perfect.

What's "perfect"?

> Better yet, why not push for an industry-wide
>standard whereby all one does it visit a website and the monitor gets
>reset automatically? Makes sense to me.

Monitors change color over time. The phosphors change as they get
older and the electronics shift as they warm up. There is no
"perfect" setting that you can use without actually checking the
color of the display.

--
Ray Fischer