Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Help! W32ODBC problem with network database access

Help! W32ODBC problem with network database access

luican

Hi,

I am new to Perl/cgi-bin. My web page access Access DB using W32ODBC in
Perl. The datasource is specified as system DSN.

When the database is stored locally, it works fine. When the database is
stored in a network drive, it does not work. What may be wrong? How can I
find out the error reason?

Regards
--lc

Joe Smith

luican wrote:
> I am new to Perl/cgi-bin ... network drive ...

In general, CGI programs are *not* allowed to use any network shares.