Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Problems Exporting from NERO to Canon 600i digital video camera

Problems Exporting from NERO to Canon 600i digital video camera

akh

Problems Exporting from NERO to Canon 600i digital video camera

Hi,
hope someone can help me -
I have a problem with NERO that is driving me crazy!

I am unable to export from NERO to my digital video camera - a Canon
600i.

Reason I want to do this is because I'm not sure how stable DVD media
- although I can store my home movies (as AVI files) on DVD, as well
as the PC harddrive, I want to transfer the edited movies back onto
film as well, for a secure backup I suppose.

My digital video camera is a specific model that allows export of
movie files (edited) from computer back IN to the camera.
This is why I bought this model (600 i) rather than the considerably
cheaper Canon 600 (no "i").

NERO is Nero Vision Express (Nero 6). Updated via download (as per
Nero's advice) to last month's release.

So if I shoot some film using the digital video camera, transfer this
to the computer via a firewire cable, edit it in NERO, I am unable to
export it back in to the camera.

In NERO, I first select a movie (edited) to export. Then in Export To
options, I can see and select the camera ok (when camera is connected
to my PC by firewire cable). I begin the process and although it
appears on PC screen that a film is being exported, it is not. The
camera film is empty.
The camera has an LCD screen. When filming/ recording you can see the
film that is actually being recorded. When not filming/recording there
is a stationary icon of a cassette. What is strange is that when I try
to export the movie from NERO to the camera, horizontal lines move
across the cassette icon, but no movie is visible, and nothing is
recorded onto the film - no picture, and no sound.

I discovered recently that I can save the film (edited) on my
harddrive as "type 1" or as "type 2". Type 1 seems to be the default.
I played around with this option and noticed that same film saved as
type 1 and type 2 - the type 2 file is about 5% larger.

Perhaps type 1 is compressed in some way, and wonder if this is part
of the problem? However even if I try to export a "type 2" AVI file
(uncompressed possibly??) from PC into movie camera, it still doesn't
work.

One way around this I found was to use Adobe Premier LE (ltd edition)
to export the AVI file from PC to the camera film.
If I have edited the movie using NERO and saved it as a "type 2" AVI
file, then I can actually export this from Adobe Premier to the camera
film and it is fine - picture and sound both present.
However if I do this with a default "type 1" AVI file, then I only get
picture, no sound from the film - just a slight hiss!

I've contacted NERO by email twice about this problem. The first time
they suggested I downloaded a program update, which should fix the
problem. I downloaded it but it made no difference.
So I emailed them again - after a delay they got back to me and said
you couldn't do what I wanted to do with NERO!

I find this hard to believe, esp. as the camera is a selectable option
when choosing to export a film. This is on the default export screen.

Please help!
thanks

Ron

Is your camera in "vcr" mode when you attempt to send to the camera from the
computer?

Ron

news:(E-Mail Removed) om...