Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Send mail through a secure (SSL) SMTP server.

Send mail through a secure (SSL) SMTP server.

Ones Self

Hi,

I need to write a perl script that sends mail via a secure SMTP server.
I've tried using Mail::SendEasy, but I don't think it supports SSL.
I've tried looking on cpan.org, but I can't seem to find what I'm
looking for. Is there a different module I should be using?

Thanks

Karel Kubat

Ones Self wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I need to write a perl script that sends mail via a secure SMTP server.
> I've tried using Mail::SendEasy, but I don't think it supports SSL.
> I've tried looking on cpan.org, but I can't seem to find what I'm
> looking for. Is there a different module I should be using?
>
> Thanks

If you're on Linux, get stunnel. A separate program that establishes SSL
tunnels for a variety of protocols, one being SMTP.

Hope this helps,
Karel
--
Karel Kubat <(E-Mail Removed), http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)>
Phone: mobile (+31) 6 2956 4861, office (+31) (0)38 46 06 125

From the collection "Kids can be brutally honest:"
Q: HOW WOULD YOU MAKE A MARRIAGE WORK?
A: Tell your wife that she looks pretty even if she looks like a truck.
- Ricky, age 10