Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Photo Editor??????????????

Photo Editor??????????????

golf

Hi Group:
I want an editor, where I can easily layer text or image over another
image. Any suggestions.
I'm trying Focus 3 Photo editor, right now. I'm just not able to get
by layering some text.

Any suggestions for an editor within $30 US (I'm Cdn)???????????????

Thanks for the help

Joe

--> Remove par from email address for replying

Mikey S.

How about $0
http://irfanview.com/ is quite capable , and the price is right..give it a
try.

--

Mikey S.
http://www.mike721.com

"golf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Group:
> I want an editor, where I can easily layer text or image over another
> image. Any suggestions.
> I'm trying Focus 3 Photo editor, right now. I'm just not able to get
> by layering some text.
>
> Any suggestions for an editor within $30 US (I'm Cdn)???????????????
>
> Thanks for the help
>
> Joe
>
> --> Remove par from email address for replying

JunkMonkey

Corel Graphics Suite V9 (a Canadian product) OEM edition Sells (legally) for
$34 US at www.softwareoutlet.com This includes Corel PhotoPaint which will
do ANYTHING Photoshop will do. Plus, you get CorelDraw, CantoCumulus LE,
CorelScript, CorelTrace, CorelTexture, Bitstream Font Navigator,and
CorelCapture. There isn't much you can't do with 2D computer graphics with
this product. The most current version, V11, sells for around $400 US.

IMO, this is an incredible bargain. I have purchased this product and
several other titles from softwareoutlet.com and have no complaints. I
registered my CGSV9 with Corel - no problem.

"golf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Group:
> I want an editor, where I can easily layer text or image over another
> image. Any suggestions.
> I'm trying Focus 3 Photo editor, right now. I'm just not able to get
> by layering some text.
>
> Any suggestions for an editor within $30 US (I'm Cdn)???????????????
>
> Thanks for the help
>
> Joe
>
> --> Remove par from email address for replying

Ethan Trewhitt

According to JunkMonkey <(E-Mail Removed)>:
> Corel Graphics Suite V9 (a Canadian product) OEM edition Sells
> (legally) for $34 US at www.softwareoutlet.com

It sounds like it would be a good idea to avoid that website:

eth'nT
http://www.hydrous.net
aim: courtarro

Danny Cheung

I use this FREE photo editing software. Small program and fast
http://photofiltre.free.fr/utils/pf-setup-en.exe

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 03:50:53 GMT, golf <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi Group:
>I want an editor, where I can easily layer text or image over another
>image. Any suggestions.
>I'm trying Focus 3 Photo editor, right now. I'm just not able to get
>by layering some text.
>
>Any suggestions for an editor within $30 US (I'm Cdn)???????????????
>
>Thanks for the help
>
>Joe
>
>--> Remove par from email address for replying

Brian Pizza

The Gimp, powerful and the price is right, its free.

http://www.gimp.org/download.html

Open source rocks.

Brian Pizza

Gimp for wondows http://www.gimp.org/~tml/gimp/win32/

Peter Jones

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 04:05:14 GMT, "JunkMonkey"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Corel Graphics Suite V9 (a Canadian product) OEM edition Sells (legally) for
>$34 US at www.softwareoutlet.com This includes Corel PhotoPaint which will
>do ANYTHING Photoshop will do. Plus, you get CorelDraw, CantoCumulus LE,
>CorelScript, CorelTrace, CorelTexture, Bitstream Font Navigator,and
>CorelCapture. There isn't much you can't do with 2D computer graphics with
>this product. The most current version, V11, sells for around $400 US.
>
>IMO, this is an incredible bargain. I have purchased this product and
>several other titles from softwareoutlet.com and have no complaints. I
>registered my CGSV9 with Corel - no problem.
>
>"golf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> Hi Group:
>> I want an editor, where I can easily layer text or image over another
>> image. Any suggestions.
>> I'm trying Focus 3 Photo editor, right now. I'm just not able to get
>> by layering some text.
>>
>> Any suggestions for an editor within $30 US (I'm Cdn)???????????????
>>
>> Thanks for the help
>>
>> Joe
>>
>> --> Remove par from email address for replying

Agreed. If your criteria is power and low price, PhotoPaint 9 (or 8
for $30 Canadian) is tough to beat. Look in HUB or your local
computer paper for discount software stores. Eg: www.jlcomp.com in
the Vancouver area.

Peter
Digital Photography Reference
http://members.shaw.ca/jonespm2/PJDigPhot.htm
Touchup, an image viewing applet (also shows EXIF)
http://members.shaw.ca/jonespm2/software.htm
Health, happiness and healing
http://www.SuperNaturalWoman.com

Povl H. Pedersen

On 2004-01-25, golf <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi Group:
> I want an editor, where I can easily layer text or image over another
> image. Any suggestions.
> I'm trying Focus 3 Photo editor, right now. I'm just not able to get
> by layering some text.
>
> Any suggestions for an editor within $30 US (I'm Cdn)???????????????

GIMP http://www.gimp.org is free, and almost as capable as the $700
program called Photoshop.

JunkMonkey

Well, I can only go by my experience with this site (3 separate purchases)
and that has been completely positive. The products arrived in a timely
manner and I received everything I ordered and no problems with my credit
purchases.

news:buvjnr$8kg$(E-Mail Removed)...