Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Canon s400 LCD Problem

Canon s400 LCD Problem

Ian

I would like to know if anyone else has had problems with the LCD screen on
their Canon S400 (digital elf). I purchased mine in August of 2003, and
within a week, the LCD was broken. I brought it back to Ritz Camera, which
replaced it.

Last week, the LCD broke again. I've just sent it off to Canon for repairs.

I fear that there is (or was) a problem in manufacturing of some kind. Two
broken LCD in less than six months is not normal.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Does anyone know anything about his?

Thanks.

Ian Levit

Brad

said...
> I would like to know if anyone else has had problems with the LCD screen on
> their Canon S400 (digital elf). I purchased mine in August of 2003, and
> within a week, the LCD was broken. I brought it back to Ritz Camera, which
> replaced it.
>
> Last week, the LCD broke again. I've just sent it off to Canon for repairs.
>
> I fear that there is (or was) a problem in manufacturing of some kind. Two
> broken LCD in less than six months is not normal.
>
> Has anyone else had a similar experience?
>
> Does anyone know anything about his?

Haven't had a problem with mine, but I've only had it for a few months.

David Sommers

I've had my S400 about 8 months and taken about 3200 pictures with it. I
carry it with me every weekend in its belt pouch. I also carry it on most
days off work and to every special occasion. I almost always use the wrist
strap and tighten it on my wrist so I won't drop. I have never dropped it or
knocked it against something. It is in near perfect condition because of
that. And the LCD is original and in perfect condition.

In equally good shape is my old S100, the original Digital Elph, which was
inherited by my wife from me.

Bye.

"Ian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I would like to know if anyone else has had problems with the LCD screen

on
> their Canon S400 (digital elf). I purchased mine in August of 2003, and
> within a week, the LCD was broken. I brought it back to Ritz Camera, which
> replaced it.
>
> Last week, the LCD broke again. I've just sent it off to Canon for

repairs.

> I fear that there is (or was) a problem in manufacturing of some kind.

Two
> broken LCD in less than six months is not normal.
>
> Has anyone else had a similar experience?
>
> Does anyone know anything about his?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Ian Levit
> (E-Mail Removed)

donniechonger donniechonger is offline
Junior Member

I found instructions on how to repair the LCD online.

http://www.sdcamerasolution.com/inde...s400lcdinstall

It was a snap to repair for me.