Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > re: Delkin CF is slow

re: Delkin CF is slow

ppp

I have bought a compact flash card for my Canon 300D (Rebel) and it is a
DELKIN 640 PRO that I have paid $240 (in Italy).

I have the impression that its not as fast as my "old" CF Sandisk 128. Does
anyone have any experience with the Delkin 640?

Thanks

ppp

Brian Zinchuk

"ppp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:KsiQb.136989$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have bought a compact flash card for my Canon 300D (Rebel) and it is a
> DELKIN 640 PRO that I have paid $240 (in Italy).
>
> I have the impression that its not as fast as my "old" CF Sandisk 128.

Does
> anyone have any experience with the Delkin 640?
>
> Thanks
>
> ppp

I've got the 512 MB Delkin Pro in my Fuji S2 Pro. I've looked everywhere,
and can't find a published read/write rate. The nearest I can find is
Delkin's website saying it is something better than 24X.

The reason I'm so curious about it is to determine whether it is worth it
for me to by a 40X card. I do lots of 'hold the button and keep firing'
photography as a reporter.

Any help would be appreciated.

Zinchuk

ppp

"Brian Zinchuk" <(E-Mail Removed)> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "ppp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:KsiQb.136989$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I have bought a compact flash card for my Canon 300D (Rebel) and it is a
> > DELKIN 640 PRO that I have paid $240 (in Italy).
> >
> > I have the impression that its not as fast as my "old" CF Sandisk 128.

> Does
> > anyone have any experience with the Delkin 640?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > ppp
> >

> I've got the 512 MB Delkin Pro in my Fuji S2 Pro. I've looked everywhere,
> and can't find a published read/write rate. The nearest I can find is
> Delkin's website saying it is something better than 24X.
>
> The reason I'm so curious about it is to determine whether it is worth it
> for me to by a 40X card. I do lots of 'hold the button and keep firing'
> photography as a reporter.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Zinchuk
> >

> Yes you are right. Me too I cannot find the speed! Its very annoying

and hope that PRO is not just a tricky word.

ppp

Brian Zinchuk

> > I've got the 512 MB Delkin Pro in my Fuji S2 Pro. I've looked

everywhere,
> > and can't find a published read/write rate. The nearest I can find is
> > Delkin's website saying it is something better than 24X.
> >
> > The reason I'm so curious about it is to determine whether it is worth

it
> > for me to by a 40X card. I do lots of 'hold the button and keep firing'
> > photography as a reporter.
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated.
> >
> > Zinchuk
> > >

> > Yes you are right. Me too I cannot find the speed! Its very annoying

> and hope that PRO is not just a tricky word.
>
> ppp

This is what Delkin.com says. So I figure it's around the 26.6x range, by
these numbers.

"eFilm PRO cards are designed to be fast and durable for extensive shooting
in the most extreme conditions. Our PRO cards are solid-state and optimized
for use in professional grade digital cameras like Nikon, Canon, and Fuji.
With sustained write speeds up to and exceeding 4.0 MB/sec*, image capture
times are greatly reduced to save time when shooting that perfect image.
Available in a variety of high-speed capacities, the eFilm PRO card is
designed to last and built for speed."

But then again, it could just be a 'tricky word'

Zinchuk

Brian Zinchuk

Check out this website - It has comparisons, including your 640 and my 512
Delkin Pro

http://www.digit-life.com/articles2/...d-test-p3.html

ppp

"Brian Zinchuk" <(E-Mail Removed)> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Check out this website - It has comparisons, including your 640 and my 512
> Delkin Pro
>
> http://www.digit-life.com/articles2/...d-test-p3.html

Thanks a lot.

From the charts you can see that Delkin is very slow in READ ans WRITE
SPEED. Funny that the comparason is not made with any of the Sandisk
cards!!!!!?

I think we did not make a good choice, unfurtunately.

Tx anyway and keep well

ppp

Brian Zinchuk

"ppp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:R2tQb.181127$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Brian Zinchuk" <(E-Mail Removed)> ha scritto nel messaggio
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > Check out this website - It has comparisons, including your 640 and my

512
> > Delkin Pro

http://www.digit-life.com/articles2/...d-test-p3.html

> Thanks a lot.
>
> From the charts you can see that Delkin is very slow in READ ans WRITE
> SPEED. Funny that the comparason is not made with any of the Sandisk
> cards!!!!!?
>
> I think we did not make a good choice, unfurtunately.
>
> Tx anyway and keep well
>
> ppp

That's not how I read it at all. According to that chart, the Delkin is one
of the fastest - although yes, it did not indclude any Sandisk cards.
Basically, those numbers exquate it to a Sandisk Ultra, which is pretty
good.

For acess time, it was a little slower - 0.0 ms

But the read speed was 5900 kb/sec. That's 39.33x, which puts it in the
Ultra II advertised (advertised, not tested) category.

The write speed was 4700 kb/sec. That's 31.33x.

All-in-all, it's a lot faster than I expected, so I'm now satisfied.

Zinchuk

ppp

> > > Check out this website - It has comparisons, including your 640 and my
> 512
> > > Delkin Pro
> > >

> http://www.digit-life.com/articles2/...d-test-p3.html
> > >

> > Thanks a lot.
> >
> > From the charts you can see that Delkin is very slow in READ ans WRITE
> > SPEED. Funny that the comparason is not made with any of the Sandisk
> > cards!!!!!?
> >
> > I think we did not make a good choice, unfurtunately.
> >
> > Tx anyway and keep well
> >
> > ppp
> >

> That's not how I read it at all. According to that chart, the Delkin is

one
> of the fastest - although yes, it did not indclude any Sandisk cards.
> Basically, those numbers exquate it to a Sandisk Ultra, which is pretty
> good.
>
> For acess time, it was a little slower - 0.0 ms
>
> But the read speed was 5900 kb/sec. That's 39.33x, which puts it in the
> Ultra II advertised (advertised, not tested) category.
>
> The write speed was 4700 kb/sec. That's 31.33x.
>
> All-in-all, it's a lot faster than I expected, so I'm now satisfied.
>
> Zinchuk
> >

> Ok, the numbers say that you are right but............... I can assure you

that my Delkin is a little slower than Sandisk..

thanks again

ppp

Delkin Bridge Ron Digital Photography 0 02-13-2005 02:57 PM
Firmware Upgrades for Delkin eFilm Picturepad and Nixvue Vista john chapman Digital Photography 5 09-20-2004 07:31 PM
Delkin USB Bridge with Pocket Computer jp Digital Photography 0 07-10-2004 03:46 PM
Delkin Picture Pad Stan Davis Digital Photography 2 06-22-2004 06:11 AM
Delkin Reader 24 (Firewire) Reviews... Si Digital Photography 2 12-24-2003 10:49 PM

Advertisments