Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Cameras Cameras decisions.

Cameras Cameras decisions.

CBM

Here is one of the reasons we all have a problem trying to decide on what
camera to buy.
First here is a quote from a reviewer,
(The camera's Noise Reduction feature did a good job of controlling image
noise, although noise was still pretty high at the 800 ISO setting. Still, a
very good job overall.)
So all and most digicams have noise at 400 and 800 ISO.
Why are we trying to compare this 800 ISO setting ( a general purpose camera
that has allot of features for the price) to a higher priced camera that
can do a good 800 ISO shot.
Digacams are not meant to shoot at 800 anyway, If we need to do that get a
tool ( Digital SLR ) designed to do the job.

noevof@mail.ru

"CBM" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Here is one of the reasons we all have a problem trying to decide on what
> camera to buy.
> First here is a quote from a reviewer,
> (The camera's Noise Reduction feature did a good job of controlling image
> noise, although noise was still pretty high at the 800 ISO setting. Still, a
> very good job overall.)
> So all and most digicams have noise at 400 and 800 ISO.
> Why are we trying to compare this 800 ISO setting ( a general purpose camera
> that has allot of features for the price) to a higher priced camera that
> can do a good 800 ISO shot.
> Digacams are not meant to shoot at 800 anyway, If we need to do that get a
> tool ( Digital SLR ) designed to do the job.

stop being a punk and get a Foveon already

Rick

> stop being a punk and get a Foveon already

I'm a newbie to photography plus this NG but from what I gather Foveon 'may'
have it's hayday but is presently well lets just say it's in the infant
stage and it may be many light years away before being able to compete with
the current technology.
I personally am sick tired of all your trolling on the Foven thing so get a
life.
(if ya can't keep up with the big dogs stay on the porch)
ps there's nothing wrong with staying on the porch!

Rick

---

Gordon Moat

Rick wrote:

> . . . .
> I personally am sick tired of all your trolling on the Foven thing so get a
> life. . . . . . .

Since that was cross posted to a film and labs group, it certainly looks like a
troll. As if anyone on a film and labs group would care about Foveon. . . . . .

Ciao!

Gordon Moat
Alliance Graphique Studio
<http://www.allgstudio.com>