Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Emailing photos

Emailing photos

DD5

Sorry if this has been asked a million times...

I often email digital photos to people and each time I go through the
rigmarole of copying the photos first, then resizing them and saving as a
lower quality jpeg one by one so that the pixel size and file size are
appropriate for emailing. I use ACDSee 3.1 which is fine for this.

However it's quite a fiddly process and a member of my family who is a less
frequent computer user would like to be able to email scanned pictures or
digital photos.

Is there a simple program which will make emailable versions of images with
one click?

Thanks

Chris Quinn

"DD5" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bum3gf$mcj$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Sorry if this has been asked a million times...

> Is there a simple program which will make emailable versions of images

with
> one click?
>
> Thanks

It's called Windows Explorer (at least it is of you have Windows XP) - right
click on the picture and choose "Send to" from the popup menu, then "Mail
recipient".

If you click on the more options link, you chan choose the size of the
picture

Ron Hunter

DD5 wrote:

> Sorry if this has been asked a million times...
>
> I often email digital photos to people and each time I go through the
> rigmarole of copying the photos first, then resizing them and saving as a
> lower quality jpeg one by one so that the pixel size and file size are
> appropriate for emailing. I use ACDSee 3.1 which is fine for this.
>
> However it's quite a fiddly process and a member of my family who is a less
> frequent computer user would like to be able to email scanned pictures or
> digital photos.
>
> Is there a simple program which will make emailable versions of images with
> one click?
>
> Thanks

More or less, if you have WinXP. If you do, just select the picture
file in Windows Explorer, then right-click and select 'send to', and
then 'mail recipient'. You will be asked to select a size, and then you
will be taken to your email program. About as simple as I can come up with.
But if you don't have XP, stick with ACDSee, I guess.

Jeremy

"DD5" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bum3gf$mcj$(E-Mail Removed)...

> Is there a simple program which will make emailable versions of images

with
> one click?

There certainly IS, and it's FREE!

Go to the Kodak website and search for the download of their EASY-SHARE
software.

It'll automatically resize your photos for emailing, and will email them
too. It does everything wou would need to do with your digital images
(except for complicated image editing) and you can do it all from within one
program. No need to go from one application to another (unless you need
more than simple editing functions).

Try it--it seems just what you are looking for--and you can't argue with the
price.

Mark C

Qimage is a great program for this.

"DD5" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bum3gf$mcj$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Sorry if this has been asked a million times...
>
> I often email digital photos to people and each time I go through the
> rigmarole of copying the photos first, then resizing them and saving as a
> lower quality jpeg one by one so that the pixel size and file size are
> appropriate for emailing. I use ACDSee 3.1 which is fine for this.
>
> However it's quite a fiddly process and a member of my family who is a

less
> frequent computer user would like to be able to email scanned pictures or
> digital photos.
>
> Is there a simple program which will make emailable versions of images

with
> one click?
>
> Thanks

Terry D

Ron Hunter wrote:
> DD5 wrote:
>
>> Sorry if this has been asked a million times...
>>
>> I often email digital photos to people and each time I go through the
>> rigmarole of copying the photos first, then resizing them and saving
>> as a lower quality jpeg one by one so that the pixel size and file
>> size are appropriate for emailing. I use ACDSee 3.1 which is fine
>> for this.
>>
>> However it's quite a fiddly process and a member of my family who is
>> a less frequent computer user would like to be able to email scanned
>> pictures or digital photos.
>>
>> Is there a simple program which will make emailable versions of
>> images with one click?
>>
>> Thanks
>>

> More or less, if you have WinXP. If you do, just select the picture
> file in Windows Explorer, then right-click and select 'send to', and
> then 'mail recipient'. You will be asked to select a size, and then
> you will be taken to your email program. About as simple as I can
> come up with. But if you don't have XP, stick with ACDSee, I guess.

I have a Kodak DX4330 and use their Easyshare software. It's not perfect
but it does have a facilty for e-mailing images with automatic shrinking if
required. It also incorporates basic imaging enhancing and album sorting.
It can be downloaded free from the Kodak website.

Terry D.

Barry K

ACDSee 6.0 does this very easily - just select the photos you want to send &
click "Send" - this brings up a wizard that steps you through reducing &
emailing them. Only 1 or 2 steps - very quick/simple... Is this more
difficult with ACDSee 3.1?

If so, you may want to upgrade - if not, not sure how much easier this can
be...

"DD5" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bum3gf$mcj$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Sorry if this has been asked a million times...
>
> I often email digital photos to people and each time I go through the
> rigmarole of copying the photos first, then resizing them and saving as a
> lower quality jpeg one by one so that the pixel size and file size are
> appropriate for emailing. I use ACDSee 3.1 which is fine for this.
>
> However it's quite a fiddly process and a member of my family who is a

less
> frequent computer user would like to be able to email scanned pictures or
> digital photos.
>
> Is there a simple program which will make emailable versions of images

with
> one click?
>
> Thanks

DD5

thanks for all the suggestions. i'll check them out.

"Mark C" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bumaaj$jg85t$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> Qimage is a great program for this.
>

> "DD5" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bum3gf$mcj$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Sorry if this has been asked a million times...
> >
> > I often email digital photos to people and each time I go through the
> > rigmarole of copying the photos first, then resizing them and saving as

> > lower quality jpeg one by one so that the pixel size and file size are
> > appropriate for emailing. I use ACDSee 3.1 which is fine for this.
> >
> > However it's quite a fiddly process and a member of my family who is a

> less
> > frequent computer user would like to be able to email scanned pictures

or
> > digital photos.
> >
> > Is there a simple program which will make emailable versions of images

> with
> > one click?
> >
> > Thanks

Freezedriedfrank

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 14:48:47 +0000 (UTC), "DD5" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Sorry if this has been asked a million times...
>
>I often email digital photos to people and each time I go through the
>rigmarole of copying the photos first, then resizing them and saving as a
>lower quality jpeg one by one so that the pixel size and file size are
>appropriate for emailing. I use ACDSee 3.1 which is fine for this.
>
>However it's quite a fiddly process and a member of my family who is a less
>frequent computer user would like to be able to email scanned pictures or
>digital photos.
>
>Is there a simple program which will make emailable versions of images with
>one click?
>
>Thanks

try a program called, Advanced jpeg compressor, by
www.winsoftmagic.com

Tom Monego

No Windows XP use a batch convert in Irfanview, very easy to do and the program
is free. You can do the same in Photoshop 7 on but it is not as easy and you
are looking for a cost effective answer, right.

Tom