Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Electronic viewing of Pictures

Electronic viewing of Pictures

indgepr

I have a cannon A70 camera which I use alot whilst traveling. one of
the advantages of digital is tha ability to view the pictures
imeadiatly and also show the Local guides pictures of themselves,
which they love.

The only problem is the screen on the camera is very small and the
pictures are therefore hard to see. what I am looking for is a small
lightweight robust device that will idealy connect to the camera via a
USB cable or use a Compact flash card and display the photos at a
better size.

I have throught about a Laptop but it would be too heavy and bulky

Cheers

Phil

David J Taylor

> I have a cannon A70 camera which I use alot whilst traveling. one of
> the advantages of digital is tha ability to view the pictures
> imeadiatly and also show the Local guides pictures of themselves,
> which they love.
>
> The only problem is the screen on the camera is very small and the
> pictures are therefore hard to see.

[]

Does the camera have a video output you could connect to a TV?

David

Michael Geary

> I have a cannon A70 camera which I use alot whilst traveling.
> one of the advantages of digital is tha ability to view the
> pictures imeadiatly and also show the Local guides pictures
> of themselves, which they love.
>
> The only problem is the screen on the camera is very small
> and the pictures are therefore hard to see. what I am looking
> for is a small lightweight robust device that will idealy
> connect to the camera via a USB cable or use a Compact
> flash card and display the photos at a better size.
>
> I have throught about a Laptop but it would be too heavy
> and bulky

Epson just announced something like what you're looking for:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/pr/ep..._p1000_pr.html

It's fairly expensive but includes a 10GB hard drive. The display doesn't
sound that large at 3.8", but with 640x480 VGA resolution it ought to look
pretty nice.

-Mike

Daniel Lindström

On 21 Jan 2004 01:02:51 -0800, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (indgepr) wrote:

>I have a cannon A70 camera which I use alot whilst traveling. one of
>the advantages of digital is tha ability to view the pictures
>imeadiatly and also show the Local guides pictures of themselves,
>which they love.
>
>The only problem is the screen on the camera is very small and the
>pictures are therefore hard to see. what I am looking for is a small
>lightweight robust device that will idealy connect to the camera via a
>USB cable or use a Compact flash card and display the photos at a
>better size.
>
>I have throught about a Laptop but it would be too heavy and bulky
>
>Cheers
>
>Phil

Have a look at:
<http://www.transaction-one.com/gs/html/vgs/f4/en/home.jsp?pubid=2209>

"Use FlashTrax's built-in 3.5" LCD color display to view images with
controls to rotate, zoom in/out and pan."

Good luck

/Daniel L.

buck

In article <5145f8e0.0401210102.59eb4067
@posting.google.com>, (E-Mail Removed) says...
> I have a cannon A70 camera which I use alot whilst traveling. one of
> the advantages of digital is tha ability to view the pictures
> imeadiatly and also show the Local guides pictures of themselves,
> which they love.
>
> The only problem is the screen on the camera is very small and the
> pictures are therefore hard to see. what I am looking for is a small
> lightweight robust device that will idealy connect to the camera via a
> USB cable or use a Compact flash card and display the photos at a
> better size.
>
> I have throught about a Laptop but it would be too heavy and bulky
>
> Cheers
>
> Phil

In the US there are several places where you can get a
"Pocket TV" with a 3" screen and video inputs.

They all cost < $200 (US) at Radio Shack, and are to my
mind the only logical use for the video output found on
almost all digital cameras.

I have read that Radio Shack is no longer active in the
UK, but they must have been replaced by someone.
--
Larry Lynch
Lasting Imagery

Michael Meissner

(E-Mail Removed) (indgepr) writes:

> I have a cannon A70 camera which I use alot whilst traveling. one of
> the advantages of digital is tha ability to view the pictures
> imeadiatly and also show the Local guides pictures of themselves,
> which they love.
>
> The only problem is the screen on the camera is very small and the
> pictures are therefore hard to see. what I am looking for is a small
> lightweight robust device that will idealy connect to the camera via a
> USB cable or use a Compact flash card and display the photos at a
> better size.
>
> I have throught about a Laptop but it would be too heavy and bulky

You could get a PDA (personal digital assistant) that takes CF cards. My Sharp
PDA has a CF slot, and as I recall many of the PocketPC's had one too. There
should be an image viewer on the PDA. If the A70 has a TV out cable, you could
potentially hook the camera up to a portable TV (or a local TV if the A70 can
switch between PAL and NTSC).

--
Michael Meissner
email: (E-Mail Removed)

Viewing Pictures? SNOAD Firefox 1 03-12-2005 07:48 PM
PC Viewing vs DVD Player Viewing - MP3 play very fast Ray Donzdorf Computer Support 0 12-11-2004 01:07 PM
when I am viewing a catalogue on line, the pictures are blurry and unledgeable =?Utf-8?B?Y3JtaWxsZXI=?= Microsoft Certification 1 04-18-2004 12:10 AM
Viewing 4:3 pictures on 16:9 TV Malcolm H Digital Photography 7 12-23-2003 09:20 AM
Re: Portable screen for field viewing of digital pictures? (Pete Cresswell) Digital Photography 3 09-19-2003 08:06 PM

Advertisments