Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > winter shots?

winter shots?

PCportinc

anyone taken photos in the winter?
if so, may I see them for inspiration?

I really like taking photos of the beach in the winter.
When I show photos of the beach covered in snow to people
during the summer, they are shocked!
I saw a guy skying on the beach and a woman swimming topless!

ME

Was the guy water or snow skiing? And why not share the photos of that
woman with the rest of us?

"PCportinc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> anyone taken photos in the winter?
> if so, may I see them for inspiration?
>
> I really like taking photos of the beach in the winter.
> When I show photos of the beach covered in snow to people
> during the summer, they are shocked!
> I saw a guy skying on the beach and a woman swimming topless!

Darrell Larose

Up here in Canada, we have 2 ways of making yellow snow ...

One requires a Sigma SD-9, the other requires too much beer

..

cwvalle

" Darrell Larose" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:J8oPb.72852$(E-Mail Removed) e.rogers.com...
> Up here in Canada, we have 2 ways of making yellow snow ...
>
> One requires a Sigma SD-9, the other requires too much beer
>
> .

i take the beer thanks

WMAS 1960

I woke one morning to the sight of a fresh snowfall. It was one of those
nights where it started a little on the warm side then the temps droped. Snow
therefore stuck to the trees and there was an icy glaze over everything. The
next morning the sun emerged nice and bright and the sky was a brilliant blue.
The pictures I took were with a Nikon Coolpix 990 and really made me fall in
love with shooting digital. The quality of the images were really great and
the convenience and immediacy of Digital won me over in an instant. I did
still long for the days with a good long lens and and the control of an SLR.
Especially with the wildlife type photos. The experience of crawling through
the snow to get a vantage point of the ducks and geese and all made me decide,
as soon as they were released, to look at a Nikon D-100. Later that same year
I took the plunge with one.

See the mentioned pictures on the site below. None of them have been taken
with the D-SLR but I am awaiting the opportunity this year to get out and shoot
another project. It is supposed to, maybe, snow a bit this weekend so maybe I
will get the chance.

http://members.aol.com/wmas1960/home...toEssyWntr.htm

PCportinc

>Was the guy water or snow skiing? And why not share the photos of that
>woman with the rest of us?

he was skiing on the beach which was covered in snow.
I will create a page of my photos soon so hang on...