Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Kodak Easy Share DX6340 - Help!

Kodak Easy Share DX6340 - Help!

Dave Wheeler

Hi there!

I need some help, having been stupid enough to go off travelling with
a digital camera bought days previously, not practised with, and
without having brought the instructions!

The camera is a Kodak Easy Share DX6340 and I inserted a 128 MB memory
card, thinking that either a) shots I took would automatically save
onto the card, or b) when the internal memory got full I would be able
to easily transfer the shots to the card. I even set Image Storage on
the menu to Auto, thinking that would crack it. However, not so -
having taken about 20 shots my camera tells me that the Internal
Memory is full, and I have no idea how to transfer them to the card. I
may be an inept divvy, but I need your help - I am travelling for some
time so cannot download to my PC. Can anybody enlighten me?

Much gratitude, in advance!

Dave

Ron Hunter

Dave Wheeler wrote:

> Hi there!
>
> I need some help, having been stupid enough to go off travelling with
> a digital camera bought days previously, not practised with, and
> without having brought the instructions!
>
> The camera is a Kodak Easy Share DX6340 and I inserted a 128 MB memory
> card, thinking that either a) shots I took would automatically save
> onto the card, or b) when the internal memory got full I would be able
> to easily transfer the shots to the card. I even set Image Storage on
> the menu to Auto, thinking that would crack it. However, not so -
> having taken about 20 shots my camera tells me that the Internal
> Memory is full, and I have no idea how to transfer them to the card. I
> may be an inept divvy, but I need your help - I am travelling for some
> time so cannot download to my PC. Can anybody enlighten me?
>
> Much gratitude, in advance!
>
> Dave

Dave,
The kodak site online has your manual online. Look in the section on
reviewing your pictures. There it will tell you how to copy to the
card. BTW, you DID format the card in the camera, didn't you?

Ron Baird

Greetings Dave,

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I am going to help you.

When you set the camera to Auto, it means the camera will look for a card,
and use it first. This leaves the internal memory as a back up in case you
use up all the memory on the card. To review the workings of the camera and
its features you can go to the Kodak website to find the manual online. Go
to this location.

http://www.kodak.com/go/support

Click on the manuals and publications link to the left side of the screen to
find a list of products. Choose digital cameras to find another list,
including your camera. You can download a PDF of the manual you can save on
your computer, if you are using a laptop for your work.

Regardless, to help with the card, I suggest you try it in another computer
or device. If you can find a computer that has a card reader try it there
if it does not work format the card. Or, if you can find a computer store,
take it with you and format the card at the store. See if that makes a
difference. If not, and if you bought from a large chain, you can visit an
outlet for direct help. If it is a Kodak card, let me know and I will take
the ball from you. If not a Kodak card, and neither of these scenarios
works, see if you can reach the maker of the card, i.e. San Disk and try for
direct help and support to get a card that is OK and working.

If you find that the card is OK and works in other devices but not in the
Kodak camera, let me know and I will try to help in that way.

Talk to you soon, and good luck!

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company

"Dave Wheeler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
> Hi there!
>
> I need some help, having been stupid enough to go off travelling with
> a digital camera bought days previously, not practised with, and
> without having brought the instructions!
>
> The camera is a Kodak Easy Share DX6340 and I inserted a 128 MB memory
> card, thinking that either a) shots I took would automatically save
> onto the card, or b) when the internal memory got full I would be able
> to easily transfer the shots to the card. I even set Image Storage on
> the menu to Auto, thinking that would crack it. However, not so -
> having taken about 20 shots my camera tells me that the Internal
> Memory is full, and I have no idea how to transfer them to the card. I
> may be an inept divvy, but I need your help - I am travelling for some
> time so cannot download to my PC. Can anybody enlighten me?
>
> Much gratitude, in advance!
>
> Dave

GJP

Hi Ron;
Have I missed something, I only recall inserting my 128Mb MMC into the
DX6440, I don't recall having to format it...I've taken pictures and
downloaded them from that card without any problem so far, my card was new,
maybe you are talking about a card used in another camera?

BTW if Dave just presses the review button then the menu button I think he
will find it easy to follow along and copy his internal memory pics to his
card...if everything else is working correctly.

GJP

Ron Hunter <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

GJP wrote:

>>Dave,
>> The kodak site online has your manual online. Look in the section on
>>reviewing your pictures. There it will tell you how to copy to the
>>card. BTW, you DID format the card in the camera, didn't you?
>>

> Hi Ron;
> Have I missed something, I only recall inserting my 128Mb MMC into the
> DX6440, I don't recall having to format it...I've taken pictures and
> downloaded them from that card without any problem so far, my card

was new,
> maybe you are talking about a card used in another camera?
>
> BTW if Dave just presses the review button then the menu button I

think he
> will find it easy to follow along and copy his internal memory pics

to his
> card...if everything else is working correctly.
>
> GJP

Since he was having trouble, I suggested that he format the card.
Finding the menu item is not an easy thing, at least on my model camera,
as it is hidden in the review menu structure. NOT where I would have
expected it.
I doesn't hurt to format a card now and then if you think something
might have messed up the file structure, or there is a problem getting
the camera to recognize the card, as is apparent since he had the camera
set to 'auto', and it doesn't seem to see the card.

GJP

Hi Ron;
I was just wondering if I had missed a step (like format card) when I
inserted the card in my DX6440..seems to work ok so I guess I'm ok.(G)
Thanks for the reply...much appreciated.

"Ron Baird" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<bujrfi$9ns$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Greetings Dave,
>
> Sorry to hear about your troubles. I am going to help you.
>
> When you set the camera to Auto, it means the camera will look for a card,
> and use it first. This leaves the internal memory as a back up in case you
> use up all the memory on the card. To review the workings of the camera and
> its features you can go to the Kodak website to find the manual online. Go
> to this location.
>
> http://www.kodak.com/go/support
>
> Click on the manuals and publications link to the left side of the screen to
> find a list of products. Choose digital cameras to find another list,
> including your camera. You can download a PDF of the manual you can save on
> your computer, if you are using a laptop for your work.

Thanks Ron, and to all other contributors! I am delighted to report
that I am now 'up and running'! I was able to access the manual via
Ron's link, and gradually work my way through.

My card, it seems, is fine - and indeed, further to other remarks
above, did not seem to require formatting. Anyway, I sussed out how to
copy the Internal Memory to the card, then delete the Internal Memory.
Also, the Auto (save direct to card) facility seems to be working. I
actually took the card out and reinserted it, and this seemed to
'kickstart' it.

I am very pleased, because my wife and I are travelling in Peru, and
tomorrow we are taking a boat trip on Lake Titicaca. In the nick of
time, I can now take photographs.

Once again, thanks for your contributions

Dave

GJP

Hey Dave, glad to hear you are now in good shape for your trip, remember to
let us see the pics when you get back.(G)
Great to have guys like Ron Hunter and Ron Baird around to keep us out of
trouble with our toys.(G)

GJP

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Dave Wheeler) wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed) m:

> "Ron Baird" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:<bujrfi$9ns$(E-Mail Removed)>...
>> Greetings Dave,
>>
>> Sorry to hear about your troubles. I am going to help you.
>>
>> When you set the camera to Auto, it means the camera will look for a
>> card, and use it first. This leaves the internal memory as a back up
>> in case you use up all the memory on the card. To review the
>> workings of the camera and its features you can go to the Kodak
>> website to find the manual online. Go to this location.
>>
>> http://www.kodak.com/go/support
>>
>> Click on the manuals and publications link to the left side of the
>> screen to find a list of products. Choose digital cameras to find
>> another list, including your camera. You can download a PDF of the
>> manual you can save on your computer, if you are using a laptop for
>> your work.
>>

> Thanks Ron, and to all other contributors! I am delighted to report
> that I am now 'up and running'! I was able to access the manual via
> Ron's link, and gradually work my way through.
>
> My card, it seems, is fine - and indeed, further to other remarks
> above, did not seem to require formatting. Anyway, I sussed out how to
> copy the Internal Memory to the card, then delete the Internal Memory.
> Also, the Auto (save direct to card) facility seems to be working. I
> actually took the card out and reinserted it, and this seemed to
> 'kickstart' it.
>
> I am very pleased, because my wife and I are travelling in Peru, and
> tomorrow we are taking a boat trip on Lake Titicaca. In the nick of
> time, I can now take photographs.
>
> Once again, thanks for your contributions
>
> Dave

JSN61

i second that!!!!!!!!!
remove no spam to e mail