Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Window Disappearing after executing Perl Script

Window Disappearing after executing Perl Script

Mitchley

Hi,

I have written an extremely trivial perl script, but for some reason,
when I try to execute it, the (execution) window just diappears.
This is my script: (trivial.pl)

#!/usr/local/bin/perl
print "Look at all the camels!\n";

So, to execute, I just double click on the file - the execution window
pops up, my print statement gets executed, and then for some reason,
the window immediately disappears. Any idea what is happening?

Thanks,

Mitchley

Skeleton Man

>I have written an extremely trivial perl script, but for some reason,
>when I try to execute it, the (execution) window just diappears.

This is normal behaviour. Open a DOS window, then run "perl
\path\to\trivial.pl", and you'll see the output.

Regards,
Chris

Dave Brown

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Mitchley) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed) om>...
> Hi,
>
> I have written an extremely trivial perl script, but for some reason,
> when I try to execute it, the (execution) window just diappears.
> This is my script: (trivial.pl)
>
> #!/usr/local/bin/perl
> print "Look at all the camels!\n";
>
> So, to execute, I just double click on the file - the execution window
> pops up, my print statement gets executed, and then for some reason,
> the window immediately disappears. Any idea what is happening?

The only way I know is to put a <> at the end of the script. This
will cause the script to wait for input from the keyboard, keeping the
window open. Then, when you hit "Enter", the script will terminate
and the window will close.