Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Online Printing Services Question

Online Printing Services Question

Jeremy

I saw a post in another NG that said that some online photo services were
offering to process 35mm film (via mail order) and scan the images and put
them online. The customer could then select which images he wanted to be
printed, rather than having to accept all the prints.

I would like to use such a service, but I don't know who is offering it. If
anyone has any info on this, please post the names of the labs, and their
URLs. Thanks.

--
Unfortunately nobody can control the disruptive behavior of sociopaths who
wish to post to an unmoderated newsgroup such as this one. Informed readers,

Steve Young

> "Jeremy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I saw a post in another NG that said that some online photo services were
> offering to process 35mm film (via mail order) and scan the images and put
> them online. The customer could then select which images he wanted to be
> printed, rather than having to accept all the prints.

That's a *super* idea Jeremy,. steals some of digital's thunder, (i.e.
selective prints, picture file, whole family viewing, order CDs)

> I would like to use such a service, but I don't know who is offering it. If
> anyone has any info on this, please post the names of the labs, and their
> URLs. Thanks.

? anyone?

> Unfortunately nobody can control the disruptive behavior of sociopaths who
> wish to post to an unmoderated newsgroup such as this one.

fortunately we can't
but group regulars need to develop methods of controlling what each individual
finds offensive, or not worth the time to see/read. Each group needs to
develop killfilters and strategies to deal with its specific problems. It's not
always the same simple answer, if for no other reason than each requires its own
specific filter. You can even filter out one of my favorite group activities,
the [SU]. and everything is gone!

> Informed readers,
> however, will have no trouble at all sorting the wheat from the chaff.

*Yes* it *does* call for informed readers and a whole host of helpers, including
co-operative ISPs who TOSS, admins who offer their assistance.and advice, then
ultimately, *Puff* the *magic* filter. or a UDP
we can all work together and it will mean X 10

Steve

Mark Grady

Hi Jeremy,
www.ofoto.com is one such service you can do a search at yahoo or google or
any other search engine to get more.

news:YxwOb.13052$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...