Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Compact Flash Memory Card

Compact Flash Memory Card

G Trunk

I just started using a WebTV compatible digital camera and a Lexar 16 MB
flash card. I would like to delete the images in the flash card and
reuse it but don't know how to do it. Can anyone help?

philipp

It depends on the camera, but most will let you format the card.

G Trunk wrote:
> I just started using a WebTV compatible digital camera and a Lexar 16 MB
> flash card. I would like to delete the images in the flash card and
> reuse it but don't know how to do it. Can anyone help?

Stewy

"G Trunk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I just started using a WebTV compatible digital camera and a Lexar 16 MB
> flash card. I would like to delete the images in the flash card and
> reuse it but don't know how to do it. Can anyone help?

Format the card in the camera.
If you delete the pictures after downloading using the computer, this will
block off some of the card is a BAD MOVE. Always use the camera to delete
and format.

Ron Hunter

Stewy wrote:

> "G Trunk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>I just started using a WebTV compatible digital camera and a Lexar 16 MB
>>flash card. I would like to delete the images in the flash card and
>>reuse it but don't know how to do it. Can anyone help?

> Format the card in the camera.
> If you delete the pictures after downloading using the computer, this will
> block off some of the card is a BAD MOVE. Always use the camera to delete
> and format.

Been deleting the pictures on the card for over a year. Nothing lost
here. Could it be that your camera has different requirements? Some
cameras seem not to care. There is a lot of variation in the 'DOS' in
cameras.