Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Loading Curves for the D100

fmaas

Told you I would be back with questions.

Is the Nikon Capture software the only way to load "curves" to the Nikon
D100 camera? So far the curves I have found refer to the use of the Nikon
program.
I downloaded Nikon Capture 4 but I have Photoshop CS ( and don't, as far
as I can see so far, need the Nikon software for any photo editing purpose.

Before I pay $99 for the Nikon software (using the trial right now) I
wondered if it is really needed and/or if it has any other unique properties
that I can't live without.

As always thanks for any input.

Chris Hoopes

"fmaas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:zVgOb.2351$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Told you I would be back with questions.
>
> Is the Nikon Capture software the only way to load "curves" to the Nikon
> D100 camera? So far the curves I have found refer to the use of the Nikon
> program.
> I downloaded Nikon Capture 4 but I have Photoshop CS ( and don't, as

far
> as I can see so far, need the Nikon software for any photo editing

purpose.

> Before I pay $99 for the Nikon software (using the trial right now) I
> wondered if it is really needed and/or if it has any other unique

properties
> that I can't live without.
>
> As always thanks for any input.

The only way I know of to load curves into the camera is with Capture
Control. You can use the trial period to load them, but after that, if you
want to change the curve, you'll need the full version. Sad that Nikon set
it up that way. I have found that different curves can help depending on
your shooting situation. I also wish each bank (A/B) could have its own
curve - only one loaded at a time.