Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > running costs Epson 1290s v Espon 2100

running costs Epson 1290s v Espon 2100

digiboy

Hi Everyone

I am looking for upgrade my Epson 870 and really its down to either
the 1290s or the 2100. The 1290s carts etc are similar to the 870, but
you look at the cost of carts for the 2100 and think 'ouch'!

But it could be that the fact that the carts are individual means that
longer term the 2100 is better value.

Any thoughts / comments?

TIA

Digi

Birk Binnard

Regardless of which printer you get, realize that the cartridge costs will
eat you alive. If you are serious about printing, invest in a Continuous
Flow system -- external ink bottles connected via tubes to a cart you never
change. This changed my 1280 from a pain in the neck device to something
that is a pleasure to use.

Here's a link to get you started:
http://www.mediastreet.com/cgi-bin/t...eet/niagra.tam
Birk Binnard