Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Sam's club camera return policy

Sam's club camera return policy

Proctor

"Roger Halstead" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 15:18:34 -0500, "Dean S. Lautermilch«▓║║│"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

> >"Proctor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news9fOb.75150$5V2.85505@attbi_s53...
> >>
> >>.
> >> >
> >> A little 'heads up' that BestBuy and other places will gladly accept
> >> returned items for full refund or credit but not so with certain larger
> >> ticket purchases like cameras and TVs and demand a 15% restocking fee.

> >Look
> >> before you leap mom use to say
> >>

> >You can thank the people who will buy a high end camera or camcorder and

use
> >it for a weekend and then return it expecting a full refund for the
> >restocking fees. I knew someone who did sales conventions and he would

buy a
> >high end laptop, used it for the weekend, and then return it.

> The same for big screen and HDTVs. There would be a big run on them
> before a big game. Then the following week would see many returns.
> Too many people taking advantage of the system and ruining it for the
> rest of us.

Like I said in last post. I wonder if that is a real big problem or an
overblown account. It is hard for me to imagine that many would have such
large ones to actually do this but maybe I am not really intouch with things
in my old age

Proctor

Buster

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 00:27:15 GMT, "Proctor" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
It happened to me. I got a high end card for a christmas present
several years ago, and there was a 2 meg ancient video card in the
box. They didn't give me any problem swapping for a sealed box, though
(Sam's Club).
Buster

> Point taken. <snip> My favorite one though is the
>guys that replace the old video cards with the new and return for money
>back. Now THAT one needs some fixing.
>
>Regards
>proctor

Ron Hunter

Proctor wrote:
> "Ron Hunter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>Dean S. Lautermilch«▓║║│ wrote:
>>
>>>"Proctor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>news9fOb.75150$5V2.85505@attbi_s53...

>>>Look

>>>You can thank the people who will buy a high end camera or camcorder and

> use
>
>>>it for a weekend and then return it expecting a full refund for the
>>>restocking fees. I knew someone who did sales conventions and he would

> buy a
>
>>>high end laptop, used it for the weekend, and then return it.
>>>

>>I call people like that thieves.

> I am one who agrees to a point. I use this feature at Staples to an honest
> means whenever I feel it advantagous. I have spent thousands of my hard
> earned underpayed dollars in receint year there any elsewhere. I am in the
> process of purchasing a camera and have return one and will return another
> until I find the one I like. (If these places had honest knowledgable sales
> reps that did not lie selling bogus warentees I would agree across the
> board). I will pay their(Staples) extra price for this and have a clear view
> it is a good policy for an honest vendor(and consumer). I have taken
> advantage of policies like TechHiFi and others have regarding buy back to
> upgrade. Keeps me comming back to spend. Full refund applied to future
> purchase. There are people that will take advantage of anything if given the
> oppertunity and does not make everyone a thief. Virtually what you are
> advocating is that "under no terms can an item be returned if not satisfied"
> will hurt EVERONE.
>
> Proctor

I don't know how you get that idea from what was written, or my reply.
Buying a camera, using it for a specific purpose, then returning it for
no other reason than that you are done with it is THEFT. Returning a
camera because it is defective, doesn't function as expected, or isn't
suitable to your needs just indicates bad luck, inadequate research, or
unreasonable expectations, not theft. However, you should know that all
these practices drive up the cost the REST of us pay for our merchandise.

Proctor

"Ron Hunter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Proctor wrote:
> > "Ron Hunter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

larger

and

> > use

> > buy a

> >>I call people like that thieves.

> > I am one who agrees to a point. I use this feature at Staples to an

honest
> > means whenever I feel it advantagous. I have spent thousands of my hard
> > earned underpayed dollars in receint year there any elsewhere. I am in

the
> > process of purchasing a camera and have return one and will return

another
> > until I find the one I like. (If these places had honest knowledgable

sales
> > reps that did not lie selling bogus warentees I would agree across the
> > board). I will pay their(Staples) extra price for this and have a clear

view
> > it is a good policy for an honest vendor(and consumer). I have taken
> > advantage of policies like TechHiFi and others have regarding buy back

> > upgrade. Keeps me comming back to spend. Full refund applied to future
> > purchase. There are people that will take advantage of anything if given

the
> > oppertunity and does not make everyone a thief. Virtually what you are
> > advocating is that "under no terms can an item be returned if not

satisfied"
> > will hurt EVERONE.
> >
> > Proctor
> >

> I don't know how you get that idea from what was written, or my reply.
> Buying a camera, using it for a specific purpose, then returning it for
> no other reason than that you are done with it is THEFT. Returning a
> camera because it is defective, doesn't function as expected, or isn't
> suitable to your needs just indicates bad luck, inadequate research, or
> unreasonable expectations, not theft. However, you should know that all
> these practices drive up the cost the REST of us pay for our merchandise.

yes. You are right. I will admit my responce was inacurate and admit was
clouded by my past dealings with BestBuy. I agree fully with what you are
saying. I just got a little hot remembering falling for the old "Buy the
Warentee" sales pitch. Sorry if I read something that was not posted.
regards

Proctor