Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > What is a good web site to host my photos?

What is a good web site to host my photos?

bob

I would like a free and easy web site that would host my pictures. One that
would does not require that you submit email addresses. A site that I could
post the URL to a newsgroup and anyone could access the photos. Preferably
one that lists the photos as expandable thumbnails and each picture could
have a title.
So far, I looked at Ofoto and Webshots, but they seem to require the email
address thing.
Help!
Thanks.

Peter Grooby

> I would like a free and easy web site that would host my pictures. One that
> would does not require that you submit email addresses. A site that I could
> post the URL to a newsgroup and anyone could access the photos. Preferably
> one that lists the photos as expandable thumbnails and each picture could
> have a title.
> So far, I looked at Ofoto and Webshots, but they seem to require the email
> address thing.
> Help!
> Thanks.

I am currently using Jalbum (free) to make my thumbnails and index
webpages. Then using the built in ftp to store them at www.250free.com
small ammount of advertising at that site, but not too much. Not sure if
I needed to provide an email address to 250free or not. If it is an
issue just open a temp hotmail account.

Example here
http://vitale.250free.com/12thnight/index.html

Pete

Remove pants from email address to reply.

A Robson

www.fotopic.net is the one that I use, a site that is growing rapidly
with over 2 million photos on line now, fully customisable, totally
free (up to 250MB) and most importantly for me *no* advertising at
all.

"Peter Grooby" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) says...
> > I would like a free and easy web site that would host my pictures.

One that
> > would does not require that you submit email addresses. A site

that I could
> > post the URL to a newsgroup and anyone could access the photos.

Preferably
> > one that lists the photos as expandable thumbnails and each

picture could
> > have a title.
> > So far, I looked at Ofoto and Webshots, but they seem to require

the email
> > address thing.
> > Help!
> > Thanks.

Joseph Brennskag

bob wrote:
> I would like a free and easy web site that would host my pictures. One that
> would does not require that you submit email addresses. A site that I could
> post the URL to a newsgroup and anyone could access the photos.

You may want to try pbase.com. They have a free trial, but for only $23
per year it is well worth the advertising free photo sharing.

Joe

RG1202

I just signed up with smugmug.com for $30.00/year you get unlimited photo
storage and you can link it to anywhere you like.

Rick

>> I would like a free and easy web site that would host my pictures. One

>that
>> would does not require that you submit email addresses. A site that I

>could
>> post the URL to a newsgroup and anyone could access the photos.

>You may want to try pbase.com. They have a free trial, but for only $23
>per year it is well worth the advertising free photo sharing.
>
>Joe

Ron Hunter

RG1202 wrote:

> I just signed up with smugmug.com for $30.00/year you get unlimited photo
> storage and you can link it to anywhere you like.
>
> Rick
>

>>>I would like a free and easy web site that would host my pictures. One

>>that
>>
>>>would does not require that you submit email addresses. A site that I

>>could
>>
>>>post the URL to a newsgroup and anyone could access the photos.

>>You may want to try pbase.com. They have a free trial, but for only $23
>>per year it is well worth the advertising free photo sharing.
>>
>>Joe

Webshots.com will allow you to store 30 albums with 20+ pictures for
free. For $30 a year you get 50 albums with 60 pictures, or something
like that. Nice interface and fast servers.