Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Will Camera Prices Drop Soon?

Will Camera Prices Drop Soon?

Fred Berry

With recent new product announcements at CES should we expect manufacturers
to lower prices, offer rebates, etc, soon for current models? I am in the
market for a 2-3MP camera and will wait if lower prices expected before end
of January. Thanks.

--
Fred Berry

Ken Weitzel

Hi..

Fred Berry wrote:
> With recent new product announcements at CES should we expect manufacturers
> to lower prices, offer rebates, etc, soon for current models? I am in the
> market for a 2-3MP camera and will wait if lower prices expected before end
> of January. Thanks.

With *anything* electronic the steadfast rule is:

"Hurry up and buy it before the price goes down!!!"

Take care.

Ken

Ron Hunter

Fred Berry wrote:

> With recent new product announcements at CES should we expect manufacturers
> to lower prices, offer rebates, etc, soon for current models? I am in the
> market for a 2-3MP camera and will wait if lower prices expected before end
> of January. Thanks.

Yes, it's a buyer's market. With fast development, new models several
times a year, and spirited competition, good deals are all around. The
camera I paid $299 for was released a year before at $799, and a better
one can now be had for under $200. You might have to wait until March,
though.

HRosita

Hi,

And even if the price does not go down, the new cameras will have more
everything for the same price.
Rosita

mark herring

No matter when you buy anything hi-tech, you can be assured that one or both
witll happen within 2 months:
The price goes down
Something better is released

Define a need (or strong desire), and buy the minute the market hits your
criteria. and dont feel badly that you could have done better by waiting

--
Mark Herring

*
news:btuhpc$bimi1$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...