Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Transferring photo's to Olympus c-750

Transferring photo's to Olympus c-750

Old Timer

I only recently got this camera & had successfully transferred photo's from
camera to PC. I saw that the software then gave the options to clear memory
card & transfer picture back to flash card. I was able to clear the card OK
but when I tried to transfer picture from PC to camera things didn't come
out exactly as expected. I clicked the button to transfer & the light on
camera lit up. I then tried to see the pictures on the camera but could not
but instead got the message no pictures. I turned the camera off & on &
the transfer wizard opened up & I was able to see the picture that I had
transferred from my PC. Why could I not see the picture in camera? Is this
the way things are intended to work? Did I do something wrong?

--
Thanks in advance

Remove the XXX to reply

CSM1

"Old Timer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4001eac4$0$26117$(E-Mail Removed) u...
> I only recently got this camera & had successfully transferred photo's

from
> camera to PC. I saw that the software then gave the options to clear

memory
> card & transfer picture back to flash card. I was able to clear the card

OK
> but when I tried to transfer picture from PC to camera things didn't come
> out exactly as expected. I clicked the button to transfer & the light on
> camera lit up. I then tried to see the pictures on the camera but could

not
> but instead got the message no pictures. I turned the camera off & on &
> the transfer wizard opened up & I was able to see the picture that I had
> transferred from my PC. Why could I not see the picture in camera? Is

this
> the way things are intended to work? Did I do something wrong?
>
> --
> Thanks in advance
>
> Remove the XXX to reply

Olympus cameras do not like their pictures changed in any way, and will not
display them on the LCD.

For deleting pictures, you should only delete with the camera. The danger
with deleting pictures with the computer, is you may screw up the memory
card and make it unreadable by the camera. Also, if anything goes wrong with
the transfer, your pictures may be gone forever.

For safety, only copy the pictures from the camera memory card to the
computer.

Then when you have confirmed the correct transfer, you can delete with the
camera.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com